Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: High leukocytes in urine sample

Re: High leukocytes in urine sample

I would love for all of this to be attributed to something as easy as UTI issues. My doctor, who wasn’t available for another week, has decided I now need to come in today and rule out the UTI. Apparently my symptoms and the OTC test are saying it’s probably not the uti I was hoping for.
    I retested this AM, per instructions on the OTC kit. The leukocyte was just a trace this morning and nitrate was still negative. Ugh! Was really hoping this was all just UTI issues and nothing more. :(

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

See your not a doctor nor a medical professional and so you shouldn’t be trying to diagnose yourself. I got a feeling that no matter what anyone tells you on here your still gonna say “but I’m sure all this points to some type of cancer” because that’s the nature of health anxiety. Go to the doctor and have your urine tested, those at home testing strips are not always accurate and you still may have an infection, because bacteria don't always change nitrates into nitrites. I’m sure the dr wanted you to come in and be tested for a UTI so that if you had one you can start antibiotics right away not because he or she feels you have some sort of cancer.
    Last edited by Careful1; 17-01-20 at 12:33.

You should def go get tested by your doctor. I have the same fears, but once I seen my primary and had everything checked, I felt better. Because everything came back okay. UTI's are very common in women. I get them sometimes myself. The pain is when you pee usually. It can also feel like a dull pain in your upper abdomen. If that's the case, stop drinking any soda or sugary drinks and get you some cranberry pills and drink a lot of water. It might clear out if it's not too bad. If it's bad, you will need some antibiotics. So either way, you should see your doctor and tell them everything you're feeling and thinking. It does help in a way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information