Thread: Throat problems and life problems

Throat problems and life problems

Hello all,

I currently have a white spot on my throat. It's been there for several weeks at LEAST (from when I noticed it). No pain. I know it's not strep - I get that often enough to know it well. It's just there...doesn't change. I do kind of feel like my throat in the last week or two has gotten kind of red, but again, no pain, nothing. It's concerning me a lot. It's just one more thing I don't need. My parents are both dying right now (both have end stage cancers), my husband and I have to file bankruptcy and my daughter got into a wreck with my car this morning (she's fine). I'm so overwhelmed and the idea that this might be something too is just pushing that over the edge.

Re: Throat problems and life problems

Oh my, you are going through so much right now!! I'm so sorry. What you describe sounds kind of like a tonsil stone - just a collection of plague that gets caught in your tonsil. Harmless. They usually just eventually get knocked out on their own. Could also be a stubborn canker sore.

I doubt the white spot is anything serious. Could be tonsil stone or canker sore like the above poster stated. Just wanted to tell you my heart goes out to you. I can’t imagine what you’re going through! Prayers for you and your family. (((((HUGS)))))

I thought about tonsil stones but I read that those smell very badly? I don't seem to have that issue and a canker sore would hurt wouldnt it? My main concern is that it's been there several weeks. And thanks both of you! It's been hard. I'm actually with my parents getting them both admitted to hospice care and it's so heartbreaking.

I’m so sorry to hear this. My dad died in 2016 from liver cancer. I fear one day of seeing my mother go through what he went through. I’m sort of in the same boat as you. I had an oral exam for cancer a couple of weeks ago and all was well except I have leukoplakia. My dentist told me if I stop drinking it can go away. I’m 34 years old. However this evening I found spot toward the back of my mouth, left side, right before my tonsil hidden behind the side of my tongue (the spot is not on my tongue). Of course seeing pictures on Bing (I don’t use google - I’m too smart for that LOL) every one is oral cancer. God help me already. Did you ever find out what it was?

So sorry that you’re going through so much.
    The throat spot is probably just something for you to focus all your stress on, I’m sure it’s nothing. Check with your gp if you can’t stop worrying about it though.
    As to the rest, just look after yourself, don’t take on too much, rest as much as possible and eat well x

Thread Information