Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: heart rate is always high?

heart rate is always high?

Any time I go to the doctor or even just randomly check it my heart rate is ALWAYS 90-110 or something which terrifies me. I’ve had a few EKGS done, everything looked normal. The only thing that scared me is I was in the ER over the summer for a pounding heart and they couldn’t get my heart rate below 110 the entire hour or so even with giving me medicine to calm down. ( of course I was nervous though, that experience is what led me to begin anxiety medication ) and the ER dr had referred me to a cardiologist which I never went to. My normal doctor thought it was just anxiety. But it’s EVERY time I check it it’s 90-110 ish. I’m so scared it’s going to kill me. I just recently turned 20 and honestly I am out of shape. I mentioned this to a doctor around a month ago and she told me it’s high because I’m at the doctor and she guarantees it she randomly ran into me it would be at a normal
    Level. I don’t think so it’s always high. I’m scared I’m going to need heart surgery

Re: heart rate is always high?

Mine is always high too!

Same, around 90-110 what feels like all the time!

I have had 2 ECGs from 2 different doctors and both said nothing was wrong (no funny beats), my heart is just fast.

Oh and one time I went to the hospital with bad flu and the doctor said he wanted to put me on IV fluids because my heart rate was high and dehydration can cause it. I said "oh its always high" and he said "at 140??" and I said oohhhhh no, not that high!

I worry too :( #notalone
    Last edited by KaylaHowe; 17-01-20 at 05:05. Reason: I wanted to add something else

Heart rates between 60 and 100 is considered to be normal by most health care professionals. If it's not staying above 100 all the time, most doctors may not see that as a problem. But on another note, I use to consume too much caffeine every day and I eventually realized it was mildly raising my HR somewhere 90 and 120 almost constantly, which went hand in hand with my GAD. In other words, both were fueling each other and driving me up the wall, until I cut out the caffeine.

My heart rate is constantly between 90-120 ish. I had a number of cardiac tests done recently for a number of reasons and no one seems to be that pushed about it. It's very distressing to me - which in return pushes it up and up but im still here! I'm working out it but we have to put some faith into our doctors x

And the thing to consider is, a number of simple things can keep HR up on daily basis, for example the problem I had with caffeine (coffee, tea, energy drinks, chocolate, etc). I had to cut out a lot of that stuff to get my HR below 90. But with other people it can being anything from daily stress, anxiety, being sick or recovering from sickness, medication, and even constantly checking your HR can have a psychological to physical impact on raising your HR in that moment.

Another thing to consider is, does it go down at night when you're sleeping? Below 100, 90, 80, 70, 60? If it does, then the question would be, what is going on with me during the day that is driving my HR up? Something stressful? Worrying/anxiety? Drinking/eating too much caffeine? Medication?

And a interesting thing about high heart rates, lots of exercise does seem to help eventually bring it down over time. Exercise also helps with stress and anxiety.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

You smoke? If you do quit that'll knock 20bpm off your HR. 90-110 ... normal.

I have high heart rate my resting HR is between 62-84 which makes me calmer when I see those numbers in a panic attack my HR goes up to 158 which terrifies me. The more panic attacks I have the lower my heart rate goes I’ve read somewhere if we have constant panic the lower our HR can be. Having a report for the hospital can help if your worried and have a 24 he ECG my gauge is if it’s high and I haven’t got any new symptoms it will be ok. But dizziness is common

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixess View Post
    I have high heart rate my resting HR is between 62-84 which makes me calmer when I see those numbers in a panic attack my HR goes up to 158 which terrifies me.
    That's neither a high resting heart rate or an abnormal heart rate to see during a panic attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurlilane View Post
    Apparently, if you don’t have a hear condition then your heart only beats fast when you are nervous or excited
    yeah, that’s not actually truthful at all, and could be really damaging to some on here that their HA is centered around heart concerns. There are numerous, numerous reasons for elevated heart rates that have zero to do with being nervous or excited. I would strongly recommend not posting these types of comments on an HA board.

User, since this thread is older I’m assuming you’ve moved on from this fear. I will say that my heart rate, resting, was what I also considered high. Always in the 90’s. At the end of may, I decided to change my diet completely to start trying to drop some weight. With only diet change alone, my resting heart rate is now in the mid 70’s to low 80’s, consistently. And I’m massively out of shape. So, hopefully as I continue to lose weight, and hopefully start adding in some moderate exercise soon, it should probably go down a little more even. But it’s pretty amazing the effect just dietary changes can have on the bodies systems.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information