Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My many worries

My many worries

So today we put the Xmas decorations up, and as it always does, the idea of Xmas has set my anxiety off and I’m spiralling!
    My anxiety has fixated back onto an underarm lump that I noticed 4 months ago.
    It’s in my right armpit, and kinda feels like a small (3cm) pencil with a layer of something (fat/muscle?) wrapped around it. It’s painless and hasn’t changed in the 4 months since I found it. Not mobile either.
    I asked my GP about it a few months ago, and she said it was probably the edge of a muscle, and definitely isn’t a lymph node so she isn’t worried.
    But I am!
    I’m wondering whether to get a second opinion? I don’t have anything similar on the other side. And if it’s “the edge of a muscle” why havnt I noticed it before?! It’s quite close to the surface so I’m sure I would have noticed it in my 35 years of life! And how can they be sure it’s not a lymph node?

If anyone has been through anything similar, I’d love to hear!
    Last edited by Limeslime; 13-12-19 at 12:42.

Re: 4 months lump in underarm. Muscle?

Quote Originally Posted by Limeslime View Post
    I asked my GP about it a few months ago, and she said it was probably the edge of a muscle, and definitely isn’t a lymph node so she isn’t worried....... if it’s “the edge of a muscle” why havnt I noticed it before?! It’s quite close to the surface so I’m sure I would have noticed it in my 35 years of life!
    You probably did and never attached your anxiety to it. 2nd opinion? "Told Ya So Gang" on standby if you do

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Relax,as you told by your doc it’s not a Lymph node.Don’t keep fiddling with it.x

Thank you both.
    I’ve been trying to just check it monthly as per my CBT to make sure it isn’t changing. But each month when I feel it, it sends chills down my spine. 😢😬

I went to see another GP, and she said it’s a tendon...but I’m not convinced she felt the right thing!
    Can anyone else feel this type of thing in their underarm? I can only feel it on my right...nothingbon my left!

Two medical professionals have said the same thing and you still doubt. I'm afraid nothing said will convince you otherwise

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I went to see another GP, and she said it’s a tendon...but I’m not convinced she felt the right thing!
    Can anyone else feel this type of thing in their underarm? I can only feel it on my right...nothingbon my left!
    When my HA first started and was at its worst about 7-8 years ago this was one of my first big worries, I felt a lump under my left armpit and there was not one under my right, HA kicked in and convinced myself I had a cancer, turns out it was just a tendon. It is still there now and never caused me any problems.

Limeslime,

You aren't a doctor so you have no basis to not be convinced. You've now had two medically trained professionals tell you its not a lymph node. Please trust them or your are going to drive yourself bonkers.

Best Wishes.

Not a doctor or a psychologist, just a guy who's been to a lot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunRyder View Post
    When my HA first started and was at its worst about 7-8 years ago this was one of my first big worries, I felt a lump under my left armpit and there was not one under my right, HA kicked in and convinced myself I had a cancer, turns out it was just a tendon. It is still there now and never caused me any problems.
    Oh really!! That’s so reassuring! Did d you have to get yours scanned or anything? And if not, how did you accept it was just a tendon and move on?

Quote Originally Posted by NotDeadYet View Post
    Limeslime,

You aren't a doctor so you have no basis to not be convinced. You've now had two medically trained professionals tell you its not a lymph node. Please trust them or your are going to drive yourself bonkers.

Best Wishes.
    Thank you for replying. I don’t really think it is a lymph node...but it still feels like a small mountain protruding from my underarm which freaks me out!
    I don’t think the second GP was feeling the right thing either. So the second opinion hasn’t given me the reassurance I needed

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information