Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: My many worries

Re: Lump on collarbone

No Rox, mine is sitting on the bone itself...almost feels attached. Sometimes I wonder if it’s just fatty tissue or muscle, but the fear of it being a lymph node is overwhelming!

I don’t know what size they need to be before they’re concerning....everywhere else they’ve gotta be bigger than 1cm to raise a doctors eyebrow. But I think on your collarbone that rule might be different? I’m hoping someone knows cosvim trying to keep off google!
    Last edited by Limeslime; 18-01-20 at 13:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Limeslime View Post
    No Rox, mine is sitting on the bone itself...almost feels attached. Sometimes I wonder if it’s just fatty tissue or muscle, but the fear of it being a lymph node is overwhelming!

I don’t know what size they need to be before they’re concerning....everywhere else they’ve gotta be bigger than 1cm to raise a doctors eyebrow. But I think on your collarbone that rule might be different? I’m hoping someone knows cosvim trying to keep off google!
    I’ve never heard of lymph nodes on top of the collarbone but I’m not a doctor so sadly idk for sure. Don’t google! Resist it, google will just tell you you’re dying from some rare form of something. We will get through this

You don’t have lymph nodes on your collarbone. They are more in the soft tissue on the underside, closer to your neck. What you’re feeling is likely not a lymph node.

Oh really!!!! That’s so reassuring to hear, thank you!!!! So do they run down behind the collarbone rather than infront of it?

Although. It’s sitting on the top of the collarbone? But yeah, definitely ON the collarbone rather than behind it...

UPDATE***
    Just updating this incase anyone finds themselves in a similar situation.
    I’ve just been to my GP to get this lump checked.

She started by asking if I’d had a sore throat or cough recently, as they can cause swollen lymph nodes on the collarbone...but I hadn’t.

She then checked the lump, and confirmed this is a normal sized lymph node. She said it’s only concerning if it gets bigger than a grape!!! I dug further about this, cos I’d read that collarbone nodes are concerning if they’re bigger than 5mm, (not true according to her!) and mine is some where around 1cm.

She then told me something interesting....

It’s not as big as I think! She likened my condition to anorexia, where underweight people see themselves as bigger than they are. That’s what HA is doing to me when I’m feeling this lump. My brain is playing tricks on me, and my anxiety is fuelling it’s power to do so.

So now I’m finally starting on medication to try to beat this demon....

Congratulations! Hope it works out as well for you as it has for me.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Congratulations! Hope it works out as well for you as it has for me.
    Thank you.
    They’ve put me on Venlafaxine. The list of common side effects looks like it could be very bad for my HA!
    But hoping for the best....

I get married in September. I don’t want to enter married life feeling like this. I’m terrified to go back on meds, but I think it’s my last resort! Trying to be brave!

Hole in roof of mouth

So, I noticed a skin tag-type thing behind my wisdom tooth, and whilst checking it with a mirror, I noticed a tiny hole in the roof of my mouth...it’s inside the arch/groove about 1cm from my tonsil.
    When I touched it, thick yellow stuff came out.
    (But I had eaten cheese on toast for tea-so I’m not sure if it was trapped food or discharge. Sorry, gross I know!)

I see my dentist every 6 months for check ups, and also a hygienist every 3 months, and neither have mentioned this to me before, but I guess it’s easy to miss!

Does anyone know if it is normal anatomy stuff? I cannot find one on the opposite side. I’m not due to see my dentist til March, but I’m wondering whether I should bring it forward?

I don’t want to go down a new rabbit hole if oral cancer, but I’ve spent the past 2 hours looking at diagrams of the soft palate, and I cannot find anything that looks like this!

Re: Hole in roof of mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Limeslime View Post
    So, I noticed a skin tag-type thing behind my wisdom tooth, and whilst checking it with a mirror, I noticed a tiny hole in the roof of my mouth...it’s inside the arch/groove about 1cm from my tonsil.
    When I touched it, thick yellow stuff came out.
    (But I had eaten cheese on toast for tea-so I’m not sure if it was trapped food or discharge. Sorry, gross I know!)

I see my dentist every 6 months for check ups, and also a hygienist every 3 months, and neither have mentioned this to me before, but I guess it’s easy to miss!

Does anyone know if it is normal anatomy stuff? I cannot find one on the opposite side. I’m not due to see my dentist til March, but I’m wondering whether I should bring it forward?

I don’t want to go down a new rabbit hole if oral cancer, but I’ve spent the past 2 hours looking at diagrams of the soft palate, and I cannot find anything that looks like this!

I believe these are tonsil stones you’ve pushed out! Gunk collects in that area and people push it out using a cotton bug (you can find videos online to see its the same area you are talking about). You must have a strong gag reflex lol! X

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information