Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: App for moles

App for moles

Just heard about an app that can assess a mole for you in seconds called skin vision. Not sure if this is something that would be useful for anyone who worries about moles? Has anyone else heard about this?

(I expect this to be moved into my symptoms log post ha ha)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: App for moles

I think this would be a really bad idea - the last thing you want to do with health anxiety is to do anything that can add further fuel to your worries.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    I think this would be a really bad idea - the last thing you want to do with health anxiety is to do anything that can add further fuel to your worries.
    It’s interesting for me because I quite like to know the facts and then I can reassure myself when I’m anxious even though it doesn’t change it in the moment it means it doesn’t feel so scary because I have facts I dunno just an idea

Looks very expensive so it’s not something I would use but it’s somewhere where you can take pictures of moles and keep them together for reference

BAD idea for an HA sufferer!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Constant need for reassurance is part of the cause of health anxiety, so this app (which knows that fact) is an extraordinarily bad idea.

On a personal note, I know that an app like this could easily send me into a huge tailspin. Heck, while I know it's going to be useful to some (saner) people I get twitchy even thinking about it.

I don’t think this is a good idea for HA sufferers. Complete waste of time and money. It’s like those websites where you can send questions to doctor’s. They don’t know your history or know you personally, and most of the time they’ll tell you to see a doctor anyway. It only fuels the anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixess View Post
    Just heard about an app that can assess a mole for you in seconds called skin vision. Not sure if this is something that would be useful for anyone who worries about moles? Has anyone else heard about this?

(I expect this to be moved into my symptoms log post ha ha)

Not a good idea for these types of apps. No one can tell what kind of mole something is unless its biopsied.

Those apps will definitely make HA worse. They work on a set of rules for moles (the ABCDE rules), and honestly, SOOO many normal moles do not fit within the "regular" guidelines. So it would just end up making you crazy. I do not recommend those at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information