Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: App for moles

Re: App for moles

Quote Originally Posted by utrocket09 View Post
    Not a good idea for these types of apps. No one can tell what kind of mole something is unless its biopsied.
    It's going to be one of those "this mole doesn't fit ABCDE so see your doctor" things I would imagine since no doctor can know without a biopsy either other than there is no reason to waste time on one because the mole is fine.

As ever it's one of those things built for the non anxious to use just like Dr Google. The fact HAers misuse technology to fuel mental health problems is not in the minds of the designers just as the news outlets aren't bothered about GADers who are triggered by the doom & gloom on the news.

From a consumer point of view my first question would be how reliable is it and who has confirmed that. Anyone can build an app. As utrocket says no one can know and it opens up a question over whether it could say you are fine when you are not. But does this just take a photograph and pass it to someone on the other end who is trained to check?

Not a good idea for a HAer but not because of technology and because of the mind of the HAer that needs to be changed.

Re: App for moles

I used an Italian app named "clicca il neo" (click the mole) that basically does the same and I couldn't have done a worse mistake. Photos are not the best way to assess if a mole is normal or not.
    The doctors who answered to me said I had to go to the doctor immediately because my mole could be dangerous.
    The dermatologist who saw me could say it was benign without a dermoscope.
    So....not a good idea.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information