Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bladder issue - has anyone had this?

Re: Bladder issue - has anyone had this?

I try very hard to manage my health anxiety and not post on here for reassurance
    ....but do you know what, I think this is a bit different regarding reassurance. This to me comes under the category of 'what you'd like to have known/know from your Mum' and from other women. Its the sort of thing that women might have talked about /talk about naturally, but sometimes nowadays people miss this type of discussion. (I know I did!) Sometimes just hearing from other people that they have had similar issues is enough for some people, and hope that you have taken enough from this to know a way forwards now and to go to see a gynae if you want to discuss things further/have further issues. We all need a little hand sometimes . I know that until I entered peri I had no idea what would happen, and things took me totally by surprise and stressed me hugely as I had nobody to ask. Just knowing things are 'normal' has helped massively. Also, seeing as you've been here for nearly 3 years and this is only your 4th thread asking something - I'd hardly say you have a major 'reassurance seeking' problem !!!
    Last edited by Carys; 17-01-20 at 19:20.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    ....but do you know what, I think this is a bit different regarding reassurance. This to me comes under the category of 'what you'd like to have known/know from your Mum' and from other women. Its the sort of thing that women might have talked about /talk about naturally, but sometimes nowadays people miss this type of discussion. (I know I did!) Sometimes just hearing from other people that they have had similar issues is enough for some people, and hope that you have taken enough from this to know a way forwards now and to go to see a gynae if you want to discuss things further/have further issues. We all need a little hand sometimes . I know that until I entered peri I had no idea what would happen, and things took me totally by surprise and stressed me hugely as I had nobody to ask. Just knowing things are 'normal' has helped massively. Also, seeing as you've been here for nearly 3 years and this is only your 4th thread asking something - I'd hardly say you have a major 'reassurance seeking' problem !!!
    my mum always gets annoyed by how women are so quick to share their birth horror stories but nobody talks about the menopause or issues like this, real stuff that could actually help other women. We all suffer as women in one way or another with the female issues and nobody seems to talk which leads some of us into a panic.

Unicorn, do you sometimes experience your random leaks without any clear trigger? For example, I always hear about women peeing a little when they laugh, cough, sneeze or exercise. Or when they have a super bad urge to go. But I’ll get little dribbles just sitting around. It really adds to my worry that it happens without a clear trigger — and I’m just hopeful I’m not alone in this experience.

Yes I do unfortunately. I always had a strong pelvic floor despite giving birth three times, but in the last couple of years my weight has increased by three stone, I no longer exercise and I don’t really take care of myself like I should (doesn’t make sense when you have health anxiety does it? I don’t get it but my motivation has gone for most things)

i think the weight gain and stress of the anxiety has really made it all worse. I had a little leakage a couple of months ago and I really fixated on it, once I started fixating it was happening multiple times a day. It was stressing me out the more it was happening and again I was convinced it was cancer of some sort. However when another actual medical issue got worse again and I stopped focusing on it, it happened less and less. So I definitely think stress can cause it to happen more on my opinion.

Ive been having it again the past few days but I’ve also not been regular which I think has contributed. Being slightly constipated can also make it worse x

You held your pee all day! Of course you leaked a little bit. I'm 36 and have only had 1 kid and I started leaking pee like immediately after she was born. You're fine!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information