Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Pro Tip: Do not miss or a delay doses of paroxetine

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    Doctor said I can take the paroxetine once a day, both at the same time. So I switched to that about week ago because of it being easier etc. I just have 2 before bed with my other meds. But in the mid day I'm left feeling nauseous, with more anxiety.
    You could try taking it in the AM. It could mess with sleep, but if you're taking both the promazine and diazepam at night you probably won't notice. Worth a shot anyway.

I'm not using valium as much, just before bed mostly unless periods like I'm having now go on for too long then I'll have one. But sticking to the 6mg per day as opposed to self medicating a higher dose.
    Good. I think you'd be better without it, but now is not the time to be doing anything about it. Something to tackle once everything has settled down and then only slowly.

I want to quit so I can increase my fitness levels and it's a waste of bloody money shoving tar down your lungs.
    While stopping smoking will greatly aid fitness, there's no reason why you couldn't begin improving it now. No need to run marathons in world record time. Walking is as good as any other exercise and just a turn up and down the street if the agoraphobia allows can make a difference. You could use it to combat the agoraphobia by slowly extending the distance ventured.

I couldn't afford to smoke these days. Our gov has been increasing tobacco taxes year after year for over a decade with a 25 pack of fags now costing nearly AU$50, about 26 at current exchange rates. My weekly grocery bill is only a little more than double that.

The chances of me dying of cancer before 55 are 90%.
    With a few exceptions such as lung cancer, survival rates for most of the common cancers are now pretty good. The trick is to get treatment early so get anything and everything unusual checked asap.

It's quite mad because my nan moved from Germany to the UK and they both lived right next to the factories in Birmingham that made ammunition. They would have lived through the Peaky Blinder times too. Same area. Sadly I can't quiz them, they've passed.
    Peaky Blinder? The crime gang?

- - What to know about: Telepsychiatry | Teletherapy - -

The opinions expressed above are based on my observations and, where applicable, interpretation of cited data and are general in nature. Consult your physician before acting on anything stated.

Hey PDU thank you. A wealth of useful information as always. I can't afford to smoke either because of the same problem with price increases.

And yeah the crime gang. My grandparents lived in Sparkbrook (Birmingham) from the 40's until the 90's which is the area the Peaky Blinders controlled and were brought up in. I didn't know anything about the Peaky Blinders until I watched the series. My partner also does cleaning for an old guy in his 90's who has some stories about the PB's. He hates them with a passion because he grew up around them.

And since Google's algorithms have changed (re: privacy) trying to find anything on my family is difficult. I did Ansestory and it picked up my both of them but that was years back.

And since Google's algorithms have changed (re: privacy) trying to find anything on my family is difficult. I did Ansestory and it picked up my both of them but that was years back.
    Sometimes it pays not to shake the family tree too hard. Don't know much about my mother's side, lots of orphans, life was tough until after WWII when antibiotics and vaccinations became readily available, but my sister was able to trace one line of dad's family back to the early 1700s. Some 'interesting' characters! No serial killers, or at least none that were caught, more scallywags most willing to bend the rules.

The opinions expressed above are based on my observations and, where applicable, interpretation of cited data and are general in nature. Consult your physician before acting on anything stated.

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    Sometimes it pays not to shake the family tree too hard. Don't know much about my mother's side, lots of orphans, life was tough until after WWII when antibiotics and vaccinations became readily available, but my sister was able to trace one line of dad's family back to the early 1700s. Some 'interesting' characters! No serial killers, or at least none that were caught, more scallywags most willing to bend the rules.
    Mine were likely scallywags. My Dad's brothers were so if there wasn't scallywags before there is now. I guess I've been a bit of one in the past.

How reliable are these online ancestory websites?

How reliable are these online ancestory websites?
    No, idea, mate. My sister was the one interested in our disreputable ancestors, but that was before such sites were popular. She did the digging herself. I've heard they can become very expensive. They gradually suck you in deeper and deeper and every step costs.

I swapped my night time dose to the morning instead, including the 2 promazine. Now I feel horrid and zapped of energy all day. Today I've been sick this morning after drinking a cup of tea. Been feeling sickly today. I've also skipped the odd dose of promazine but never the night ones (which are now the morning). Never skipped any paroxetine either. That's the one that would make me feel ill so I don't understand. Anyway, last night instead of morning time I took them at night. Slept 12 hours straight then woke up and vomited. Could be a bug though, my nephew was vomiting this weekend, and my partner was vomiting for 3 days (but only at night).

Just yucky. Take the rough with the smooth eh.

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    No, idea, mate. My sister was the one interested in our disreputable ancestors, but that was before such sites were popular. She did the digging herself. I've heard they can become very expensive. They gradually suck you in deeper and deeper and every step costs.
    That was my impression of such sites too.

I don't think taking these at the same time - as per doctor's suggestion - is a good idea. Since I've done that I've been getting a lot of headaches and hangover feelings. Consistent with withdrawal. Skipped dose of everything yesterday. Stayed with mum unexpectedly. Feeling rough is an understatement. You know how it goes.

How you doing PDU? You got your MH under control?

I don't think taking these at the same time - as per doctor's suggestion - is a good idea. Since I've done that I've been getting a lot of headaches and hangover feelings. Consistent with withdrawal.
    While it can't be ruled out, these are usually med side-effects rather than withdrawal symptoms. Apart from paroxetine the meds you're on have long half-lives so it doesn't make any difference when you take them. I assume your doctor wants you taking everything at once in the hope it reduces missed dosing, but if this is causing severe side-effects then it should be reconsidered, imho.

There are free mobile phone clock apps with programmable alarm functions, and specific med reminder apps. I use the 'MyTherapy' app for Android as one of the meds I take several times a day is time critical and I have tendency to get so immersed in whatever I'm doing that I lose track of time.

Skipped dose of everything yesterday. Stayed with mum unexpectedly. Feeling rough is an understatement.
    Tsk! Tsk!!!

You got your MH under control?
    Yes, it is, thanks for asking. Provided I remain at the maximum recommended AD dose all is good and I long ago developed tolerance to most of the side-effects (been on it since 1996).

I've been back to regular routine taking them once in morning, and once at night. Things have improved and back to "normal"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information