Thread: Test Results

Test Results

Been having a lot of rib pain both sides and stomach and chest pain since October so have seen several doctors. Had 6 ecgs all clear. Chest x ray clear and 7 blood tests (only potassium was a little low). Had a chest CT scan in December and just got the results back I have 2 very small gallstones at top of stomach. A solid glass 6mm nodule on my lower left rib and also very mild . anterior pericardial effusion The doctor was not concerned and said if pain got worse i would have to go to hospital I have to have a follow up CT scan in 3 months. Has anyone had any of these things as my rib pain is still sore and very sore to touch. Thanks folks

Re: Test Results

Stomach and chest pain can be from gallstones. I had them and that’s how my pain started out until I started having full on gallbladder attacks that felt like heart attacks. I had test after test after test and it took them forever to figure out I had gallstones, one would get stuck in the neck of my gallbladder and block the bile from being released. I eventually had it removed as I couldn’t cope with the attacks anymore. If you are noticing pain in your abdomen a few hours after you eat especially if it your meal was fatty, it could be the gallstones.

The anterior pericardial effusion is fluid in the sac that surrounds your heart and the doctor would know if this was a concern or not, same with the nodule.
    Last edited by Careful1; 19-01-20 at 04:43.

I think the soreness sounds similar to my partner after a gallstone attack.

In all those tests did they look for any Castro issues?

Careful1, I had the same exact problem with a stone blocking my bile duct into my gallbladder. The pain was tremendous and radiated all over my chest and abdomen. Had it removed and I was as good as new!

Quote Originally Posted by Jujube View Post
    Careful1, I had the same exact problem with a stone blocking my bile duct into my gallbladder. The pain was tremendous and radiated all over my chest and abdomen. Had it removed and I was as good as new!
    Wasn’t it terrible? Seriously I have a pretty high threshold for pain but towards the end (meaning shortly before I had it removed) the pain was excruciating!!! I remember the last attack I had, the male nurse in the ER said “stop being so dramatic” because I was screaming and they couldn’t get me to be still long enough to get a blood pressure. I had no idea what was happening to me but I thought I was dying. I can say that hands down that attack was the worst pain I have ever had in my 37 years of living, not even full blown labor was anywhere near as bad as that attack was. I did have it removed and although I don’t get pain like that anymore, I am one of the unlucky ones to have unpleasant side effects, like anytime I eat something to fatty I have to run to the bathroom and I still get pain similar to the much milder gallbladder attacks which they think is probably my bile duct having spasms. Lucky me lol but even still the pain is not as bad and doesn’t last long so all in all I’m glad I had mine removed. The only other option would have been to eat fat free the rest of my life or for as long as I kept my gallbladder in hopes that would keep the attacks away. I actually lost my gallbladder from doing several months of low carb and low fat diet according to my surgeon.

Careful1, it was truly terrible. Definately more painful than labor. I am lucky, though, because no side effects to speak of. When I was in the ER for the third time, I finally asked for morphine. I think they gave it to me to shut me up!

Quote Originally Posted by Jujube View Post
    Careful1, it was truly terrible. Definately more painful than labor. I am lucky, though, because no side effects to speak of. When I was in the ER for the third time, I finally asked for morphine. I think they gave it to me to shut me up!
    Did the morphine make your pain worse? I too got a shot of morphine and it made my pain 10 times worse. I was screaming at the nurse that whatever she gave me made it worse. She said that’s impossible as I gave you morphine and it’s for pain. In the end that’s how the ER doctor knew to check my gallbladder. He said morphine cause spasms in the splinter of the odie ( I probably spelled that wrong). I looked it up later down the road and he was right but I was always curious if that’s the case for everyone.

Thread Information