Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Swollen lymph nodes behind baby’s ears

Re: Swollen lymph nodes behind baby’s ears

Quote Originally Posted by ErinKC View Post
    Yes, it went down with antibiotics. I haven't felt it since, but the doctor did say that side may always be a bit larger than the other because of how much it stretched.
    Thanks. I hope it would be the same case for my son since he has been through a few infections last year which caused his nodes behind the ears stay large. My doctor said she would not be worried because both sides are swollen and no other places. I trust her the most so I have to take her words for now. I will switch my son to her care.

My son will be two at the end of March and for the past year or so I have been able to feel many of the lymph nodes in his neck, lower scalp area, and behind his ears. His pediatrician wasn’t at all concerned. He told me that at this age their lymphatic system weighs more than it ever will. It peaks around age 4 and then declines. That’s why as a adults our usually aren’t so easy to feel. I even asked my neighbor who is also a pediatrician (not our regular one) and he also wasn’t worried.

Quote Originally Posted by mama_of_3 View Post
    My son will be two at the end of March and for the past year or so I have been able to feel many of the lymph nodes in his neck, lower scalp area, and behind his ears. His pediatrician wasn’t at all concerned. He told me that at this age their lymphatic system weighs more than it ever will. It peaks around age 4 and then declines. That’s why as a adults our usually aren’t so easy to feel. I even asked my neighbor who is also a pediatrician (not our regular one) and he also wasn’t worried.
    Thanks Mama. I’m worried about his left one because I can see it. I don’t even need to feel it. Anyway, I need to distract myself while giving him one more week to recover from whatever he has before I do his blood tests. I avoid looking at it because it will trigger my worry.

Quote Originally Posted by nhelen79 View Post
    I need to distract myself while giving him one more week to recover from whatever he has before I do his blood tests. I avoid looking at it because it will trigger my worry.
    Did you read what I wrote? My son's pediatrician said nodes can scar and never go away.

I have a scarred one under my jaw on one side, from a bad wisdom tooth infection some 30 years ago. Tis true.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information