Yep. There is nothing that can beat talking to a real person over the phone hearing a real voice when you're under emotional distress, besides talking to your therapist when they can't always be around, whether it's family members, co-workers, and friends who understand what you're going through in the moment. But really, crisis hotlines are the best with trained professionals who know exactly what to say to get you to calm down. They're trained to handle anxiety/panic issues besides addictions and suicidal issues.

The results with talking to somebody over the phone are really quick compared to taking the time to type "HELP! I"M GOING CRAZY THINKING ABOUT THIS!" or "I'M PANICKING ABOUT THIS! and continue on to explain online on a website and wait for replies. And I wonder how anybody can even think straight, much less type anything when they say they are in the moment panicking about issues. Because whenever I'm truly in a panic and my mind is thinking a thousand miles an hour from adrenaline, I can barely dial the flipping phone number to call someone.