Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Seems to me.....

Re: Seems to me.....

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    It was awesome!

Seems to me a world without women would be a pain in the ass!

Positive thoughts
    Amen

Seems to me that smart phones make people into dumb asses...

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Seems to me that smart phones make people into dumb asses...
    There's a lot of truth in that one! Have you seen the video of that young girl on a flight who literally was melting down because her grandmother made her put her phone away before landing?

Seems to me we live in a world where losing your phone is more dramatic than losing your virginity.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Indeed...

i still have a "brick" phone because I don't need to be permanently connected to the internet or have access to a camera. Apparently there is now a device in which people can put their smart phones in a special "envelope" which hides the crap and only gives you access to making actual phone calls...can you believe that??!!

It's called having a "peace and serenity" break and rumour has it that brick phones are going to be making a return soon.

Seems to me that dinosaurs may not be quite extinct yet...

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    i still have a "brick" phone because I don't need to be permanently connected to the internet or have access to a camera.
    Me too Pulisa! I still have an old phone without any bells and whistles. The Nokia 8310's are small and still look great.

In my class, I rarely call parents anymore. My punishment is just to take away their phones. I rarely have any misbehaviors.

I'm surprised you are allowed to do that these days...How do they cope?

Not well, but they know that is the punishment. They and their parents sign my contract at the beginning of the year. I’m a benevolent dictator until you piss me off

You sound awesome!! Anyone who can take on a young person armed with a smart phone and survive gets my respect!

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    In my class, I rarely call parents anymore. My punishment is just to take away their phones. I rarely have any misbehaviors.
    I think they should be banned from school. They should be kept in a locker if they're 100% required for whatever reason. My 12 year old nephew has a smart phone and he's glued to it. I've tried to teach my kid those phones are bad and thankfully he understands and doesn't feel like he's missing out.

He got a Nokia N900 for Christmas. He loved mine. He uses it to write software on because it's basically a small laptop running Linux. Old phone, but one of the only phones that will increase in price while other phones lose value. He compiles applications using C on his phone. Little genius he is, but he isn't allowed to take it to school.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread Information