Thread: Me

Me

Hey everyone I’m kayleigh 29 years old and was diagnosed with generalised anxiety recently

I think most of my anxiety stems back from
    When my mum died when I was 12 years old as she was diagnosed with anxiety and then unexpectedly died from a heart condition we didn’t know she had

Also something that I think contributed to my anxiety was I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer 5 years ago and in that time I’ve had 2 scares where they’ve told me my cancer may have been back but luckily it wasn’t and both times it triggered a serious anxious period

I’ve only recently been prescribed medication as I’ve been able to control my anxiety until recently but now it’s escalated and I realise I can’t fight this on my own anymore I’ve also referred myself for cbt so just waiting for a start date for that

A lot of my health anxiety concerns my heart mainly because of my mum passing and ask cause I remember when I went to the drs once for a check up and the dr sent me straight of to a and e as my pulse was high queue them doing plenty of tests and finding nothing wrong after that I became obsessed with checking my
    Pulse and feeling my heart all the time

Currently with this new bout of anxiety I am very hyper aware of all my senses mainly my ears and vision and this is now something that triggers me on a daily basis

Sorry this post is so long I just needed to get some things off my chest look forward to speaking to some of you xx

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya Kayleighbebs and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and
    are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and
    support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Welcome to No More Panic!

Hey there Kayleigh,

....and a warm welcome to you! You've certainly had a rocky past there, with your own health and in losing your Mum so suddenly. Its hardly surprising that 'something' comes out in your own mental health after all that. It sounds like you already taken proactive steps in referring for cbt. I would ask also though - did you have 'cancer counselling' it is something that is specifically tailored for dealing with a diagnosis and is availiable on the NHS (though a bit hidden and you have to ask) ? Mind, it is probably a good while later now and you feel that the cbt is a better way to go. See ya round...

Thread Information