I know it's irrational, I know it's incredibly rare, but for some reason this fear is taking over my life. I've had bouts of insomnia before which were always resolved with positive thinking, etc. But this time just feels different. It started at the beginning of the month. My husband was starting a new night schedule which meant that I wouldn't be able to rely on him after work and would be alone all night. I dreaded it so much that I couldn't sleep in the days leading up to it. Oddly enough, I slept perfectly fine the first night of the new schedule, but then my sleep seemed to get worse by the night. I should add that I was drinking wine to help me fall asleep and would be able to sleep for 2-3 hours, wake up, and fall back asleep again no problem. Gradually I became less and less able to fall back asleep. I've seen almost every sunrise this month. Last night I got no sleep at all. I'm desperately afraid that I'm going to die from this. I have two young kids that need me and dying from fatal insomnia is all I can think about.