Page 349 of 349 FirstFirst ... 249299339347348349
Results 3,481 to 3,487 of 3487

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

Toby - I understand that type of thinking. However, lets say for a moment that somehow, covid-19 were operating according to the law of Karma - there is a big difference between playing the virus down out of a total lack of concern for the welfare of others and seeking some kind of re-assurance (or seeking to re-assure others). I personally think sometimes people in general have been too quickly accused of playing down the threat of the virus when in actual fact these people are probably just scared like the rest of us and they're trying to find something to take comfort in.

I am trying to remain calm today after my visit to A&E yesterday. Part of my brain is still trying to tell me "You went there with strong chest pain and now you've probably caught covid19 on top of that which will lead to complications".

I'm sorta sitting here thinking I'm currently in the "incubation phase" - with covid19 waiting to strike me down in a few days time on top of what I already have.

Since I was actually in the a&e "red zone" with covid19 patients yesterday I keep going over and over in my mind what points I may have possibly contracted it. There was a man who was coughing profusely - he was however about 5+ meters away from me. I was also next to another patient - who was probably only 2-ish meters away but we were separated by a curtain.

Nurses and doctors examined my chest - so I suppose they were very close. And a nurse who handed me the mask i wore touched the inside of the mask as she handed it to me.

I guess all I can do is try to remember that I had a mask and gloves on the whole time I was inside the hospital - the only way the infection could "get me" is if somehow it is able to stay in the air longer than we realise or through hospital air vents .. or if somehow it could get in through my ears or eyes.

I feel so selfish for worrying over this because those poor doctors and nurses are literally in there every single day dealing with this and they seemed so level-headed and calm.

Quote Originally Posted by anxious_dan View Post
    I guess all I can do is try to remember that I had a mask and gloves on the whole time I was inside the hospital - the only way the infection could "get me" is if somehow it is able to stay in the air longer than we realise or through hospital air vents .. or if somehow it could get in through my ears or eyes.
    This is perfect, AD. Just keep repeating this to yourself. I totally understand the fear but even being in the same room with others there’s a strong chance you won’t contract it. No one was close enough to you and you were given the proper PPE while you waited.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Update: so the nurse who took care of my great uncle before he died is out of the ICU and on the mend . My uncle and aunt, while testing positive, have had mild symptoms and have gotten to stay out of the hospital. Whew. Burial on Thursday.
    So pleased to hear that good news. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    I mean we've all said things like that when angry at siblings etc but not often

I know it's catastrophising but now I feel like I'm doomed to get it
    Again, anxiety. I felt like that on Saturday after a panic attack. I had a long chat on the phone with my sister and did some relaxation. Try something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    This is perfect, AD. Just keep repeating this to yourself. I totally understand the fear but even being in the same room with others there’s a strong chance you won’t contract it. No one was close enough to you and you were given the proper PPE while you waited.
    Thanks v much for the re-assurances glassgirlw. Yes it's my health anxiety going into overdrive for sure. As other people I know have pointed out - I don't have the same fear of going to the supermarket, where there are hundreds of people. I'm still very worried I've "somehow" got it, but I guess all of us here could say that. I hope you're doing ok over where you are. On a more positive note, I do see there are some early signs that lockdown measures are reducing the number of new cases in multiple countries now.

Doing ok across the pond - dread leaving my “safe space” to go to work every day but just trying to really focus on the things that are within my control like washing hands and not touching my face. Everything else is outside my control so I do my best to not dwell on it. It’s definitely tough!! I’m really hoping the mental practices I use now will help me with my HA problems once this is done and moving forward.

Page 349 of 349 FirstFirst ... 249299339347348349

Thread Information