Page 333 of 388 FirstFirst ... 233283323331332333334335343383 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,330 of 3875

Re: Coronavirus worries?

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    So my great uncle died passed away over the weekend. He was almost 90, and had been in bad health for years. He was under private home-care for the past two years. We knew he could pass at any time, and we were preparing for hospice. He went into the ER last week due to heart issues and put in isolation because of his age. Well, I guess hospitals are testing everyone who comes in and/or passes in the hospital. They tested him right before he passed, but we didn't get the results back until today. He tested positive. So now, he's one of the statistics.

I feel like the hospital did a great job. If they hadn't isolated him right away, and my family members had been able to visit him, then many more of us would be either in isolation now or sick. As it is, only my uncle (his son), visited him, so we only have one person that has to be isolated, when we could have had dozens.

I am kind of in shock though that he got it. He never left the house. I can only assume that one of the nurses that visited him brought it in. And he obviously was very ill anyway, so it's not like his body had any defenses against it. I hope the nurses are okay.
    Iím sorry for your loss. Regardless as to whether a death is expected or not they are never easy to accept. x

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    I find this reassuring

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/30/healt...ate/index.html

The research, published in the medical journal The Lancet Infectious Diseases, estimated that about 0.66% of those infected with the virus will die.

That coronavirus death rate, which is lower than earlier estimates, takes into account potentially milder cases that often go undiagnosed
    Thank Toby. The fact it has come from the Lancet is a good thing too!

Thank you. We were expecting his passing...just not to CV. Thrown us all for a loop.
    So sorry for your loss x

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    Worldwide there are 640,995 active/ongoing cases. The number will, in reality, be higher, counting the undiagnosed cases

Out of those 640,995 only 33,191 are in critical condition

So 95% of cases are non-serious
    Nice reporting Toby

Sorry for your loss AV

Thanks for your support you all. We were able to make some plans, albeit weird, towards the funeral. Pulisa, you hit the nail on the head as usual. This really throws a wrench in the grieving cycle. Normally you'd get together with family and friends for support, to share stories, to feel connected, but we can't really do that. At least we were all expecting this, and most of us had prepared in the best ways we could. He'd suffered for these last few months, so I feel relieved that his suffering is done. I can't imagine what this is like for other families who've had an unexpected death due to Covid.

So we've figured out the funeral for now. The cemetery will still allow us to have a funeral as long as we follow certain guidelines. We Jews try to bury our dead as close time of death a possible, but the soonest we can bury him is next week, though. Those of us who can will go to the burial. The rabbi will still be there to speak and we'll say the Kaddish for him, obviously, but we'll all have to stand 6 feet apart from each other. Just close family only. My uncle is going to watch via face time and so are some other family members that live out of the state. We each have to wear gloves so that we don't share germs when we touch the shovel. We all just have to go home afterwards.

Then in August, when hopefully all this covid stuff has passed, we're going to have a big celebration for all the family and friends where we can all get together.

I'm glad that you are able to have at least a compromise as regards his funeral and that you have a date in mind to celebrate his life as you would have wished in "normal" circumstances.

I hope that next week's funeral will give you some peace of mind in that he has been buried in accordance with your faith and that all that could be done has been done to your satisfaction. Take care, Vee.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Thanks for your support you all. We were able to make some plans, albeit weird, towards the funeral. Pulisa, you hit the nail on the head as usual. This really throws a wrench in the grieving cycle. Normally you'd get together with family and friends for support, to share stories, to feel connected, but we can't really do that. At least we were all expecting this, and most of us had prepared in the best ways we could. He'd suffered for these last few months, so I feel relieved that his suffering is done. I can't imagine what this is like for other families who've had an unexpected death due to Covid.

So we've figured out the funeral for now. The cemetery will still allow us to have a funeral as long as we follow certain guidelines. We Jews try to bury our dead as close time of death a possible, but the soonest we can bury him is next week, though. Those of us who can will go to the burial. The rabbi will still be there to speak and we'll say the Kaddish for him, obviously, but we'll all have to stand 6 feet apart from each other. Just close family only. My uncle is going to watch via face time and so are some other family members that live out of the state. We each have to wear gloves so that we don't share germs when we touch the shovel. We all just have to go home afterwards.

Then in August, when hopefully all this covid stuff has passed, we're going to have a big celebration for all the family and friends where we can all get together.
    Sorry to hear of your loss, Vee. Sending condolences to you and your family.

Current circumstances make the whole grieving process so much harder than it should be but, as you say, I hope you can all congregate at a later time and celebrate his long life.

Never Surrender, Comrade

So my great uncle died passed away over the weekend. He was almost 90, and had been in bad health for years. He was under private home-care for the past two years. We knew he could pass at any time, and we were preparing for hospice. He went into the ER last week due to heart issues and put in isolation because of his age. Well, I guess hospitals are testing everyone who comes in and/or passes in the hospital. They tested him right before he passed, but we didn't get the results back until today. He tested positive. So now, he's one of the statistics.

I feel like the hospital did a great job. If they hadn't isolated him right away, and my family members had been able to visit him, then many more of us would be either in isolation now or sick. As it is, only my uncle (his son), visited him, so we only have one person that has to be isolated, when we could have had dozens.

I am kind of in shock though that he got it. He never left the house. I can only assume that one of the nurses that visited him brought it in. And he obviously was very ill anyway, so it's not like his body had any defenses against it. I hope the nurses are okay.
    I'm really very sorry to hear this AntsyVee. I hope that your great uncle living a long life can bring you some comfort. In my thoughts.

Yes, thanks you guys. I’m doing okay, really. I came to terms with it before when he was ill. I’m just trying to be there for family. I also hope the nurse comes through this okay.

Page 333 of 388 FirstFirst ... 233283323331332333334335343383 ... LastLast

Thread Information