Page 331 of 384 FirstFirst ... 231281321329330331332333341381 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,310 of 3831

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

Vee, I'm so very sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how you must be feeling right now.

Sorry to hear this AV. A popular figure in our community died from covid last week and that was very sad, so can’t imagine what it feels like to lose a family member to this. The no funeral policy during this time is dreadful, and not being able to share the grief amongst family is incredibly tough on the soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    Good news I guess...

Out of the 23,226 active cases of COVID-19 in the UK, only 163 are critical
    That's quite reassuring, even though there will inevitably be those 'strawman'-types who will pipe up with stuff like 'Well 163 is still far too many'! And of course, many publications will no doubt still be pushing their 'worst-case scenario' narratives in pursuit of £s and clicks, especially as the CV stats here in the UK were massively revised yesterday.

Do you have a link to those stats you have posted, Toby, even though they are likely to be outdated in no time?

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    That's quite reassuring, even though there will inevitably be those 'strawman'-types who will pipe up with stuff like 'Well 163 is still far too many'! And of course, many publications will no doubt still be pushing their 'worst-case scenario' narratives in pursuit of £s and clicks, especially as the CV stats here in the UK were massively revised yesterday.

Do you have a link to those stats you have posted, Toby, even though they are likely to be outdated in no time?
    If you scroll down to the 'Countries' table and look at the U.K. stats

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Worldwide there are 640,995 active/ongoing cases. The number will, in reality, be higher, counting the undiagnosed cases

Out of those 640,995 only 33,191 are in critical condition

So 95% of cases are non-serious

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    So my great uncle died passed away over the weekend. He was almost 90, and had been in bad health for years. He was under private home-care for the past two years. We knew he could pass at any time, and we were preparing for hospice. He went into the ER last week due to heart issues and put in isolation because of his age. Well, I guess hospitals are testing everyone who comes in and/or passes in the hospital. They tested him right before he passed, but we didn't get the results back until today. He tested positive. So now, he's one of the statistics.

I feel like the hospital did a great job. If they hadn't isolated him right away, and my family members had been able to visit him, then many more of us would be either in isolation now or sick. As it is, only my uncle (his son), visited him, so we only have one person that has to be isolated, when we could have had dozens.

I am kind of in shock though that he got it. He never left the house. I can only assume that one of the nurses that visited him brought it in. And he obviously was very ill anyway, so it's not like his body had any defenses against it. I hope the nurses are okay.
    I’m sorry for your loss. Regardless as to whether a death is expected or not they are never easy to accept. x

I find this reassuring

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/30/healt...ate/index.html

The research, published in the medical journal The Lancet Infectious Diseases, estimated that about 0.66% of those infected with the virus will die.

That coronavirus death rate, which is lower than earlier estimates, takes into account potentially milder cases that often go undiagnosed
    Thank Toby. The fact it has come from the Lancet is a good thing too!

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Thank you. We were expecting his passing...just not to CV. Thrown us all for a loop.
    So sorry for your loss x

Worldwide there are 640,995 active/ongoing cases. The number will, in reality, be higher, counting the undiagnosed cases

Out of those 640,995 only 33,191 are in critical condition

So 95% of cases are non-serious
    Nice reporting Toby

Sorry for your loss AV

Page 331 of 384 FirstFirst ... 231281321329330331332333341381 ... LastLast

Thread Information