Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 3831

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    compliment?? do you mean complaint?
    Yes defo complaint

It will make no difference whatsoever Phil

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

It will make no difference whatsoever Phil
    They can print what they like. I know for a fact reading the Daily Mail is the cause of my daily anxiety full of negative stories. Sure I could not read it but it’s a bit like fizzy drinks it’s an addition to check what’s going on. I am sure a 24/7 gamer would have a more relaxing life as they wouldn’t be sucked under by social media and news sites. (Not saying I would want to be one but just a point)

For example they told us medicine would run dry with a no deal Brexit and the food would run out. The reality is no such thing. Why can’t the press standards stop them printing fake news? If a normal person puts some fake story up online it gets reported but anybody who is a reporter on a news site can post any old crap?

Well then surely the problem here is you and not them and you need to sort out your compulsions to read these things and drink fizzy drinks. You can't blame someone else for that lol

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Cases in China are definitely decreasing. I predict that the outbreaks in Iran and Italy will follow suit, peaking and then decreasing, and by now other governments should be prepared enough to stop a pandemic. I really feel for the people in Wuhan, South Korea, Italy and Iran - and the lockdowns on cruise ships and in hotels of course - but I think these have warned other nations that the necessary precautions are essential. Plus in my opinion warmer weather will help a lot, I agree with the earlier comment about the lack of cases in South East Asia. We're all gonna be ok 😊

Well then surely the problem here is you and not them and you need to sort out your compulsions to read these things and drink fizzy drinks. You can't blame someone else for that lol
    But these sites are making people panic buy even without anxiety or making people with anxiety worse. I am sure I would be worrying about something else instead right now

Quote Originally Posted by elizabethalice View Post
    Cases in China are definitely decreasing. I predict that the outbreaks in Iran and Italy will follow suit, peaking and then decreasing, and by now other governments should be prepared enough to stop a pandemic. I really feel for the people in Wuhan, South Korea, Italy and Iran - and the lockdowns on cruise ships and in hotels of course - but I think these have warned other nations that the necessary precautions are essential. Plus in my opinion warmer weather will help a lot, I agree with the earlier comment about the lack of cases in South East Asia. We're all gonna be ok 
    I agree about the warm weather but will we get a warm March or April? Thought we had global warming should be warm by now but it’s very cold

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I agree about the warm weather but will we get a warm March or April? Thought we had global warming should be warm by now but it’s very cold
    I'm not in the UK at the moment, but yeah heard it's been cold. No idea when it'll warm up unfortunately! But it's the UK, things can change very quickly. It's peaked in Wuhan and the weather there over winter is similar to the UK, as well as other parts of China where it can be much colder.

Quote Originally Posted by travelgirl77 View Post

Also, I just have to wonder...in the U.S. people were first diagnosed with this virus, having flown back from China. But, even after that, there were not countless reports from people on those flights who would have been exposed, or in those communities. You would think that if someone had the virus on an airplane, went through an entire airport, likely went other places in their community, that someone else would have caught the virus in that period, yet it just did not happen. There has to be some other trigger or some other mechanism that makes this more of a community spread event.
    The difference is that, as crazy as it sounds our (US) government is covering up information as if we were China or some other totalitarian state. It's Trump's ego and it's a battle he won't win. He keeps touting "it's a miracle we have 15 cases because I'm so great". However, the US has only done 400 some odd tests...while the UK has done 9000 already. Of course we have low numbers, no tests, no reported disease!! Now they are saying that no health official is allowed to speak publically without Mike Pence's (2nd in command) approval. There is no doubt that US cases are higher than reported, probably on par with most European countries so far.

That said....remain calm. Stay off Reddit. This is not the end of the world. Even that 25-70% prediction....guess what? 25-70% of us (or more) have had the flu as well. And China is showing that slowing the virus down is possible.

As for the weather, we'll see...

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Page 107 of 384 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157207 ... LastLast

Thread Information