Page 16 of 384 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    You've just reminded me, I had a Chinese meal on Saturday the 18th. Along with Mrs F, our son and his lady friend. So 10 days ago, we're all fine?

This is a bit naughty but gave me a welcome chuckle, those Danes have a sense of humour https://www.thelocal.dk/20200128/chi...on-flag-insult
    Naughty but I did have to laugh!

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Did you have it in Wuhan ?
    What do you take me for? It was a Ming. Microwave and dishwasher safe too!

Partner really bad cold? Coronavirus?

My partner over the last couple days had a cough and now has got the worst cold symptoms ever and I’m worried it’s coronavirus. We both attend uni and this has got my health anxiety so bad as there’s a lot of international students with our uni having loads of partnerships with Chinese universities. we recently went back to uni before they even started monitoring this virus so Many would have travelled back to where I’m from before any actual prevention now I’m worried that we don’t even know if someone could have possibly brought it back and maybe that’s what he has.

How are y’all coping with the Corona Virus scare?

When I first heard about the virus I wasn’t concerned about it. But now I just heard about British airways stopping flights from China. This makes me a bit worried now. Because in my lifetime I’ve heard about a airline banning flights because of a virus.

Then I made the mistake of watching a video by a conspiracy theorist about this virus. She was saying things like the media is downplaying the virus.

Now I’m freaking out. I just got over my stroke fears now the corona virus is sending me into a frenzy.

what makes matters worse I’m a teacher. And anyone who has worked in a school knows that schools are cesspool for germs.

I’m just curious if any of you are freaking and how are you coping?

Re: How are y’all coping with the Corona Virus scare?

See the thread above, lots of thoughts on it.

This one also......which talks about your conspiracy theory angle....media down-playing it ? LOL Like, how and why would that ever be possible, the media downplaying ???
    Also this one, for a more light-hearted view...

Personally, I'm doing good; the same as every other epidemic scare over the decades- trusting the medics, the researchers, government actions taken, reading good solid media reports and generally saving my thoughts for those in China right now. As for banning of flights, the first rule of infection control - stop any transmission routes. It doesn't make it more dangerous, its just good practice and sensible. I'd be far more worried if they weren't taking this action.
    Last edited by Carys; 29-01-20 at 14:49.

Re: Anyone else in a panic over new coronavirus?!

The media never downplay viruses, I’m sure they are the ones making our anxieties sky high!

Last night I felt good about the situation, today not so much. The minute I see the news my anxiety shoots up.

Well, then you need to go back and start at the start of this thread, and read it all over again.......

Re: Anyone else in a panic over new coronavirus?!

There is no need for worry, even among those of you experiencing coughs.

However let's be realistic, that 6,000 sick number is NOT accurate at all. The CCP has been hiding info. Many sick in Wuhan aren't able to be tested, or able to get in front of a doctor. They aren't rapid-building two hospitals for nothing. Chartered jets out of the city to homelands aren't for nothing. Companies like Starbucks closing up shop in Wuhan aren't for a few thousand sick people. Estimates coming from medical staff in Wuhan/Hubei as well as many experts outside of China are estimating currently between 60-90k sick.

However, most cases are still mild and very few deaths, relatively speaking (although those numbers are also underreported). And in many countries like Aus, UK, US, this thing should be under control other than a few sporadic cases. We'll know for sure in a few more days - if it's super contagious then our countries will be seeing more cases as the two-week incubation period expires. So far there have only been 4 new cases passed on between people not having traveled in Wuhan.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Page 16 of 384 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread Information