Page 17 of 384 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

I was in London yesterday and it was business as usual. No masks, no decontamination spraying, just the usual busy-ness and normality. I've got far worse things to worry about but I have the luxury of being in the UK and just hear developments on the news which I have the power to switch off. Not true for the poor victims in Wuhan who are the only ones truly suffering. We need to get some perspective and remember the true victims in all this?

100 percent ! This is what has been talked about a number of times on this forum recently and in the past - HA is a self-centred anxiety state by its nature. What can be helpful in the process of getting some perspective is in putting yourself truly in the shoes of the real victims, thinking of others, empathising and counting your blessings and fortune.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I was in London yesterday and it was business as usual. No masks, no decontamination spraying, just the usual busy-ness and normality. I've got far worse things to worry about but I have the luxury of being in the UK and just hear developments on the news which I have the power to switch off. Not true for the poor victims in Wuhan who are the only ones truly suffering. We need to get some perspective and remember the true victims in all this?
    Yes so true. It must be terrifying to be in that city at the moment or even to be poorly with it or have lost loved ones.

I get why China are taking such extreme measures, but it must be so scary.

I ain't a big fan of docs, nurses yes, docs are mostly arrogant barstewards what get paid too much. They gotta be overwhelmed rite now with scared folk and all I cans say is right on, you deserve it schmucks.

For some reason what I figure is to do with cost, all English speakin countries got general docs you gotta go to first. Other countries you go to doc related to your illness like eye doctor or internal med doctor. Feel sorry for them internal med doctors in other countries I can see lines of folk waiting to see them. But don't feel sorry for them generalist docs, in UK yous call them GP. Work for your coin schmucks!

At time of writing they got 170 dead dudes outta 7711. So I done my 17 times table and you'd get 1 in 45 so we talking about just over 2% here. That's probably same as season flu.

They say the flu is worse than corona virus.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Es corretto Vee

I was bein conservative

In any case the true infected figure gotta be way higher. Thousands of folk just staying at home with it till it pass. Who wants to go to a hospital and made to be stay there a month

Myanmar just sent China 250,000 masks for health worker. They might haves to
    send to USA coz it's all panic buying. How's about UK? I don't believe they do jack shit anyway. You can't eat with a mask on

More people have now been infected in China than during the Sars outbreak in the early 2000s, but the death toll remains far lower. - Say WHO. I'm sure there are loads more than the 'confirmed cases', not everyone is getting treatment or being 'confirmed' only those who are having issues with it.

I don't believe they do jack shit anyway.
    Some masks do and some don't apparently, depends on what they are made from and their 'grade' and intended purpose. Someone once told me that those papery ones, once they are damp from breathing are entirely ineffective and possibly makes 'some difference' for minutes but a virus can pass through after that. The ones surgeons and doctors wear are thought to be quite effective at stopping droplets passing. They also seem to give people a false sense of security, and actually transmitting things on hands is more likely.
    Last edited by Carys; 30-01-20 at 09:52.

Thailand journey - Coronovirus

Hi all

So very very anxious at the moment

Long and short of it is myself and my husband are flying out to Thailand (Phuket) on Tuesday as his father is dying, I am terribly worried I will get this virus going around.

I know the majority of cases are in Wuhan China but there is confirmed cases in Phuket already eeeekkkkk!

Dont want to die whilst I am out there
    Last edited by Neverending_story; 30-01-20 at 11:17.

Page 17 of 384 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread Information