Page 72 of 384 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus fear

Quote Originally Posted by Brunamateus View Post
    But doesn't that mean the virus is more deadly than what we thought? Is it still at the 2% range?
    No it doesn't mean that.

The number of cases has also gone up hugely - did you see that mahoosive spike (that Trump and company didn't seem to understand !lol) that was brought about by them changing recording and tracking methods.

Re: Coronavirus worries?

I remembers back in them days when aids was a big feal, folk was saying what if mosquitoes was carriers. Never happened.

I don't seen any folk day this yet but flu is a seasonal gig right, and the countries worst affected is in winter now. Hot countries like Singapore, Cambodia, Oz don't got many cases. So you gotta reckon that however long it drag on for, it will lessen when weather warms up.

Yeah I did read something about that, I try not to dig to deep into the news lately because I always tend to get myself morre worried because of this coronavirus situation, I really just wish that some good news would come eventually

Quote Originally Posted by Brunamateus View Post
    Yeah I did read something about that, I try not to dig to deep into the news lately because I always tend to get myself morre worried because of this coronavirus situation, I really just wish that some good news would come eventually
    News doesn't exist to be good. Good news does not sell papers/pages/clicks. This is not conspiracy theory, it's just how it works. Nobody clicks on a good news story.

Thank you for your reassuring replies.

I feel cross that he did not tell me when he first started work in my house, as he had only been back a few days. He has been in my house every week day for the last three weeks , and it's made me feel trapped and helpless. Like I have no safe space any more, he has brought doubt and fear to my home.

I know it's probably a massive overreaction, but having a safe space is important to my mental health.

And as I mentioned earlier, my 82 year old mum was coming here to sit while he worked.

He has offered to do some more work for me next week, but I'm not sure I can deal with it, I need my house back

Sorry , I know it sounds mad.

Inanna

I did see on a few different websites thats the US is planning on the virus taking a foothold here and being around at least another year. I know all I can do is what we have bern doing to try to avoid flu and other illness. But they say it might be around during the summer. Which sucks because I need that break from being a germ nutball!

Quote Originally Posted by Inanna View Post
    Thank you for your reassuring replies.

I feel cross that he did not tell me when he first started work in my house, as he had only been back a few days. He has been in my house every week day for the last three weeks , and it's made me feel trapped and helpless. Like I have no safe space any more, he has brought doubt and fear to my home.

I know it's probably a massive overreaction, but having a safe space is important to my mental health.

And as I mentioned earlier, my 82 year old mum was coming here to sit while he worked.

He has offered to do some more work for me next week, but I'm not sure I can deal with it, I need my house back

Sorry , I know it sounds mad.

Inanna

No, he absolutely did not. You did.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunflower318 View Post
    I did see on a few different websites thats the US is planning on the virus taking a foothold here and being around at least another year. I know all I can do is what we have bern doing to try to avoid flu and other illness. But they say it might be around during the summer. Which sucks because I need that break from being a germ nutball!
    "Three things the virus does not like: 1. Sunlight, 2. Temperature, and 3. Humidity," Nicholls said in response to a question about when he thinks confirmed cases will peak.
    However, Nicholls also said that he doesn't consider SARS or MERS, a Middle Eastern novel virus that spread in 2012, to be an accurate comparison for this year's outbreak. Rather, the novel coronavirus most closely relates to a severe case of the common cold.

"Compared to SARS and MERS, we are talking about a coronavirus that has a mortality rate of eight to 10 times less deadly to SARS to MERS," Nicholls said. "So, a correct comparison is not SARS or MERS but a severe cold. Basically, this is a severe form of the cold."

Similar to a common cold, the surrounding environment of the outbreak plays an important role in determining the survivability and spreadability of the virus, he continued. Because of the impending shift in seasons, Nicholls said he expects the spread of the virus to be curbed in a matter of months.

"I think it will burn itself out in about six months," Nicholls said.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/health-wellness/coronavirus-expert-says-the-virus-will-burn-itself-out-in-about-6-months/679415

Very triggering programme on Channel 4 at the moment..Typical C4 fare-reel in the viewers with speculation and hype.

Page 72 of 384 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast

Thread Information