Page 383 of 384 FirstFirst ... 283333373381382383384 LastLast
Results 3,821 to 3,830 of 3831

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Oh I’m sorry, that must be a scary wait. I hope she’s ok.
    Same here! No symptoms at all... so hoping she is alright.

Quote Originally Posted by kalny View Post
    Hey guys, I hope everyone is safe and well.

I'm having a huge panic today as my wife has been told four people at her care home now have the virus. She was tested on Weds and we are awaiting the results. I'm terrified!
    There was someone else here in a similar position recently & they were all ok.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    I think this is a brilliant post too, it sums up just about everything that's happened since this year came in. And while realising economies must be kick started again to put bread back on the table, I'm wondering how the changes observed in the natural world will be looked back on. Fish swimming in the canals of Venice, Everest being visible from a 100 odd miles away for the first time in donkey's years. Will these become just temporary aberrations in the continuing destruction of our planet? Or a hope that mankind really can turn back the tide of wreckage that we as a species have unleashed?

Sitting down by my pond in the garden, I can see the movement of frogs in amongst the water plants. Behind me in the ash tree I can hear a brood of baby blue tits being fed by their busy parents. Different species of both solitary and bumble bees are buzzing in and out of the flowers. Its quite humbling to see nature going about its business in spite of everything that has been threatening us humans, as if in total ignorance of the grandoise impression we seem to have of ourselves.
    Did you see the news article about the deer that had moved into a local estate? Tons of them lying about on the green outside the houses. It was beautiful.

There is a green on the estate near me. I take my dog for a walk around there sometimes. Over the past week 3 ducks have been on there. They must be living in the small group of trees in the middle. Someone has out 2 bowls out for them and one was tucking in a few nights ago. I've seen ducks on there before in previous years but usually they will be heading between the local park and lakes in opposite directions from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    There was someone else here in a similar position recently & they were all ok.
    That's good to know. I'm trying to keep it together. My wife is amazing, she isn't worried at all. I however now have a sore throat so it's like one thing after another :(

Quote Originally Posted by mischamoonlight View Post
    My mum and myself were in the car today when someone we knew who had the virus about 2 months ago, came over to our car, took us off guard, and came up to my mum's side of the car to talk. They didn't lean in or anything but were near enough while talking and I'm just a little on edge about whether that person would still have that virus in their system? And would them talking have sprayed some particles on to my mum?

All the information I read is very conflicting on whether a person who had it, is not infectious anymore after a certain amount of time? I don't know if theirs concrete evidence on that from any proper source. But because that person was near, and talking just a little outside the car window where my mum was sat (we had the windows open too and no masks on), has me feeling a little upset and really worried now.

It was less than 2 minutes we spoke. Honestly I'm a nervous wreck with the constant worry everyday, and that just kind of happened without me noticing, until it happened. I don't know what to do. Everything I've read says that person shouldn't be infectious anymore?
    A recent study found that an infected person is no longer shedding live virus particles after 11 days since first exposure.

I wouldn’t worry another minute about this, there’s just no way that a person would still have live virus after two months. Their immune system would either have fought off the infection or, if it hadn’t, that person would be hospitalised with severe symptoms.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Did you see the news article about the deer that had moved into a local estate? Tons of them lying about on the green outside the houses. It was beautiful.

There is a green on the estate near me. I take my dog for a walk around there sometimes. Over the past week 3 ducks have been on there. They must be living in the small group of trees in the middle. Someone has out 2 bowls out for them and one was tucking in a few nights ago. I've seen ducks on there before in previous years but usually they will be heading between the local park and lakes in opposite directions from me.
    Sorry Terry I somehow overlooked your response. So many threads on CV around here. Anyway no I didn't see the news article about the deer but I've heard a lot about wildlife coming out of the shadows as us humans have disappeared inside. I once saw a documentary where it was imagined how the planet would revert back to nature if the human race suddenly ceased to exist.

Domestic dogs would form packs, shrubs and trees would break up roads and buildings. I think the Eiffel tower would eventually collapse after about 200 years or something. Oh here it is, just googled it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afterm...opulation_Zero

I'm surprised how quickly this thread died

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    I'm surprised how quickly this thread died
    Seconded.

Probably because the 'other' main CV thread eventually took over since the end of May and consequently, this thread went south.

Until today, of course!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Seconded.

Probably because the 'other' main CV thread eventually took over since the end of May and consequently, this thread went south.

Until today, of course!!
    This was the thread we had to post all of the coronavirus posts in before we made the COVID subforum. #

When the subforum was made people were free to make their own threads in the subforum rather than just on this particular thread... which is why this thread wasn't used anymore.

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Quote Originally Posted by venusbluejeans View Post
    This was the thread we had to post all of the coronavirus posts in before we made the COVID subforum. #

When the subforum was made people were free to make their own threads in the subforum rather than just on this particular thread... which is why this thread wasn't used anymore.
    Definitely makes sense to me.

Page 383 of 384 FirstFirst ... 283333373381382383384 LastLast

Thread Information