Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
So my great uncle died passed away over the weekend. He was almost 90, and had been in bad health for years. He was under private home-care for the past two years. We knew he could pass at any time, and we were preparing for hospice. He went into the ER last week due to heart issues and put in isolation because of his age. Well, I guess hospitals are testing everyone who comes in and/or passes in the hospital. They tested him right before he passed, but we didn't get the results back until today. He tested positive. So now, he's one of the statistics.

I feel like the hospital did a great job. If they hadn't isolated him right away, and my family members had been able to visit him, then many more of us would be either in isolation now or sick. As it is, only my uncle (his son), visited him, so we only have one person that has to be isolated, when we could have had dozens.

I am kind of in shock though that he got it. He never left the house. I can only assume that one of the nurses that visited him brought it in. And he obviously was very ill anyway, so it's not like his body had any defenses against it. I hope the nurses are okay.
I’m sorry for your loss. Regardless as to whether a death is expected or not they are never easy to accept. x