Page 344 of 384 FirstFirst ... 244294334342343344345346354 ... LastLast
Results 3,431 to 3,440 of 3831

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    Yes, I have a pal who's the same age as BJ and has recovered, Tom Hanks is older, and has recovered etc etc.

To be honest, BJ does not look the picture of health to start with and faced Corona with blatant and arrogant disregard. He was always going to be high risk.
    Most people would put aside political leanings at this stage. BJ continued to work relentlessly throughout his illness and is probably now paying the price for devotion to his job. He'll have a dedicated team of doctors looking after him but so he should. It would be truly shocking if he were to die from CV but it's not unthinkable by any means. I'm just hoping he pulls through because whatever you think of him, he's a human being who has family and loved ones too who need him to recover. As does anyone in Intensive Care of lesser profile than BJ.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Most people would put aside political leanings at this stage. BJ continued to work relentlessly throughout his illness and is probably now paying the price for devotion to his job. He'll have a dedicated team of doctors looking after him but so he should. It would be truly shocking if he were to die from CV but it's not unthinkable by any means. I'm just hoping he pulls through because whatever you think of him, he's a human being who has family and loved ones too who need him to recover. As does anyone in Intensive Care of lesser profile than BJ.
    Completely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by anxious_dan View Post
    Hi Gary - thanks.. I was actually there earlier today (for about 2-3 hours). My main concern revolves around the fact i was in a waiting area with people coughing and i read that it can hang around in air particles or get into your eyes somehow.... I was wearing gloves - and a mask, but even the mask im paranoid about because the nurse handed me the mask touching the part i put over my face. I feel so selfish because all the NHS staff are working in there every single day and they were amazing.
    It can only get in your eyes via direct contact, meaning your hands would need to be covered in the virus and you physically touched your eyes. You had gloves on so that’s not happened. Also, the whole “hanging around in the air” thing is being a bit overplayed.

The particles that transport the virus within air are too heavy to float, they fall to the surface when projected by coughing or sneezing. So log as you were kept at a safe distance and had PPE, which you did, the chances of you catching Covid-19 in there was very very slim.

Were you given a test?

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    That's one of the very reasons I've felt increasingly dubious about the UK CV stats for the past 10 or so days. Inconsistency and forever being subjected to chopping and changing every 2-3 days or so. But this is for the national stats, let alone the regional ones.
    Big drop in death rates reported today, Lencoboy. That's 2 days in a row and the drop today is significant. I'm not sure if this has been seen in other countries but it might be a good sign overall.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Big drop in death rates reported today, Lencoboy. That's 2 days in a row and the drop today is significant. I'm not sure if this has been seen in other countries but it might be a good sign overall.
    Most of Europe is showing consistent drops, unfortunately this virus seems to be migrating and becoming an “epicentre” in different continents every two months or so. I’m afraid the US is the new one, it’s really hitting hard there now.

In my opinion by the end of April most European countries will be at rates akin with China and South Korea right now.

Quote Originally Posted by anxious_dan View Post
    Thanks Gary, that's very re-assuring. Thanks. What I will say is the hospital was eerily quiet. I expected to arrive and see it totally overwhelmed, but it was very quiet. You are met by someone standing outside A&E, who directs you to a "green zone" or a "red zone" - as soon as i said i had a sore throat, i was taken to the red zone. There were a tonne of nurses there all kitted out in masks and everything ...

I did speak to some of the nurses - I asked them about testing. They said they could not offer a test to me, but that just today, the staff members have started to recieve testing kits for themselves. I asked them if they felt nervous about catching it - and all of them seemed so chilled - they said they weren't worried. One even said she's got a husband and child at home and that she accepts she may catch it but that part of her job is to help people so she just accepts the risk. Really wonderful people and our NHS better be treated nothing short of gold from this point onwards after many years of cuts.

I think my main anxiety right now is "what if i had a chest problem, now catch covid on top of that". I'll try to remember the point that hopefully it doesn't hang around in air particles ect. I appreciate your reply, thanks.
    If you were showing suggestive symptoms you’d have been tested, simple as that. You need to understand that doctors and nurses are on red alert for Covid-19 right now and any slight hint of a symptom will see you isolated from the rest of the hospital.

I think that’s just freaked you out a bit, to be honest. You were evaluated and they didn’t feel there was anything suspicious. Try to relax, rest up a bit and watch a movie or something. You’ll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I hope he pulls through too.

Being critical of the way he's handled things doesn't mean I want him dead, seriously.

I'm hoping that the bravado of the 'yeah some of you will die, but tough it out' mentality a lot of people in the UK seem to be strolling along with is somewhat reversed now that they can see that there are consequences to ignoring this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    I hope he pulls through too.

Being critical of the way he's handled things doesn't mean I want him dead, seriously.

I'm hoping that the bravado of the 'yeah some of you will die, but tough it out' mentality a lot of people in the UK seem to be strolling along with is somewhat reversed now that they can see that there are consequences to ignoring this situation.
    Yes, wishing him well.

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Yes, wishing him well.
    I am so shocked to read of poor Boris Johnson tonight. I very much hope the recovers swiftly.

As many on this site know I'm as political as they come. But many things transcend politics and of course this virus is one of them. Whether right or left people going through this virus are human beings first and foremost. I'm praying for all of them to get well. There'll be time enough for everything else later. But right now we're all in this together.

Hi Pulisa! Thank you very much for the well wishes! Hang in there friend.

N.

Page 344 of 384 FirstFirst ... 244294334342343344345346354 ... LastLast

Thread Information