Page 90 of 384 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus in numbers/facts (COVID-19)

I'm from Abruzzo, South Italy. We don't know for sure if there are confirmed cases of infected people here, but universities and schools in general are all closed.
    The centre of contamination is in Milan, right now.
    It is unnerving... Nobody tells the truth... Somebody says that even in my city we have a case, but then they say it is a fake new.
    Fortunately, it is "Mardi Gras" tomorrow, so most of the offices are closed anyway.

Re: Coronavirus worries?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixess View Post
    https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...e-yet-who-says

Not sure if this is a reliable source but seems much less alarming than everywhere else!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    NPR is one of the last remaining bastions of actual journalism in the US, you're good here.

And don't worry about "Virus X". That doesn't signal that something specifically sinister is lurking out there or that nCov is that specifically sinister thing. It's simply the name given for a series of actions and preparations on the off-chance something unknown does rise up and become an issue. Think of it as "standard military exercises" simulating an invasion defense. Doesn't mean one is imminent.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    The World Health Organization estimates that worldwide, annual influenza (Flu) epidemics result in about 3-5 million cases of severe illness and about 250,000 to 500,000 deaths.

So yes, I will remain calm, logical and realistic.

Positive thoughts

ADDITION: Even if the numbers triple in 6 weeks (240,000 cases/7800 deaths), That's still FAR below the numbers of what the Flu causes yearly. That's not cocky nor obnoxious. That's fact.
    While I'm firmly in the "don't panic, remain calm" camp on this, it seems pretty clear by the initial exponential growth rates of these outbreaks that just tripling in 6 weeks would be a major win.

We are now seeing the same daily exponential growth in multiple outbreaks in completely different areas - Korea, Italy, and Iran, and of course that cruise ship disaster in which it did quite literally spread like wildfire (15% of passengers/crew infected from a single source).

Quote Originally Posted by Brunamateus View Post
    Hey, just saw on the news that WHO issue that we should be getting ready for a pandemic eventl
    Ok this has triggered me. Is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by jules321 View Post
    Ok this has triggered me. Is this true?
    “I have spoken consistently about the need for facts, not fear,” WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said in a press briefing Monday. “Using the word ‘pandemic’ now does not fit the facts, but it may certainly cause fear.

“Does this virus have pandemic potential? Absolutely it has. Are we there yet? From our assessment, not yet,” Tedros said. “This is not the time to focus on what word we use. That will not prevent a single infection today or save a single life today.”

I said enough already n some folk get riled cozza my Shakespeare's English lol

Death rate is 0.2% outside Wuham

So why is rate higher in Wuham?

It gotta be because folk there caught offa animals (what probably caught offa them Clark Kent's)

This virus ain't so bad when you catch offa human dude

So China probably peaked already

Now stop worrying and stop looking for reassurance from media moguls who just wanna scare good folk shitless using stupid words

Auf wieder sehen

Some things that might cheer us up today!

Coronavirus has peaked!!!!!

Coronavirus shouldn’t survive in the heat and it’s nearly summer!!!!!

The pneumonia Is secondary to the virus and not viral pneumonia viral pneumonia kills 50% of people who catch viral pneumonia. Coronavirus pneumonia is killing 1 to2% and maybe even as low as 0.02% as it is bacterial pneumonia and not viral pneumonia the pneumonia can be treated with the correct medication

We must equally remember it is not here in the UK widespread or putting us at any danger

Keep calm and carry on!!!!

And make sure to wear your big boy pants

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

It's still not anything to panic over, it just moves those .00001 percentages over a decimal point or perhaps two. For perspective, this flu season ao far in the USA there have been 29 million infected (9% of total population), 280,000 hospitalized, and 16,000 killed.

Some things that might cheer us up today!

Coronavirus has peaked!!!!!

Coronavirus shouldn’t survive in the heat and it’s nearly summer!!!!!

The pneumonia Is secondary to the virus and not viral pneumonia viral pneumonia kills 50% of people who catch viral pneumonia. Coronavirus pneumonia is killing 1 to2% and maybe even as low as 0.02% as it is bacterial pneumonia and not viral pneumonia the pneumonia can be treated with the correct medication

We must equally remember it is not here in the UK widespread or putting us at any danger

I like the sound of this, although where did you find all this out because I’m still only managing to find horror stories ��

Page 90 of 384 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast

Thread Information