Page 105 of 384 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 3831

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

Can someone reassure me that everything will be fine?

I'm trying not to panic, this is getting scary

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    A broad guess is that 25-70% of people in any infected country may catch the new coronavirus—governments must prepare for this

Amazing :( Yes, hypocritical of me to post this after calling someone out for posting scary info but... should we all be worried now? Damn
    That is a HUGE range. Where on earth are you getting your information? Did 25% of people in China get this virus? Do I think governments should be prepared? Sure, it seems prudent to have funding and resources available. Do I think governments and people need to panic? No, absolutely not.

A broad guess is that 25-70% of people in any infected country may catch the new coronavirus—governments must prepare for this

Amazing :( Yes, hypocritical of me to post this after calling someone out for posting scary info but... should we all be worried now? Damn
    So you're trying not to panic, want reassurance yet you are still "researching" facts and figures? How can people possibly reassure you? What "facts" would you believe?

No we shouldn't be worried - we should be more worried about the financial impact this might have globally. Prepared - yes, but panicking helps nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by travelgirl77 View Post
    That is a HUGE range. Where on earth are you getting your information? Did 25% of people in China get this virus? Do I think governments should be prepared? Sure, it seems prudent to have funding and resources available. Do I think governments and people need to panic? No, absolutely not.
    Definitely agree. Way less than 1% of China's population has had it. My stepmum's family live in the North East of China and they haven't had any cases in their city of 500,000 people!

I've been panicking for the past 3 days, and have caused myself more harm by doing so, sleep, aches and pains, panic attacks. Mostly because I worry about my parents, but even here in Ireland where (apparently theirs no cases identified as of yet, but I guess we'll know in the next few days or so) I am still super hyper about this, but what isn't helping is the forums and reddit pages and boards.ie is a nightmare, people are running hysterically over there about this. Their is one forum page on there over 440 pages now, and mostly full of trolls, scare mongering and so on. Can't say it hasn't affected me really, as I started also panicking when they talked about dogs were infected by the virus, that sent me into a near meltdown.

I have 3 dogs and 4 cats (all indoor cats), and it has caused me chest pains, palpitations and so on from the panic of this. I won't lie, all those forums and reddit pages and so on caused a lot of this, and caused me to buy a large supply of stock for the house, and I haven't had any contact with anyone, except my mum's friends yesterday for pancakes, and the older woman of 77 has copd and other problems, and I started becoming paranoid that maybe she had it, but I have refrain from losing my marbles right now. So, myself and my parents are staying home, and if we need anything we're only getting it from a local shop, and we'll walk the dogs very early in the morning to avoid other people at busy hours, and in more remote walking areas.

The news is not helping my anxiety, and then feeling like the health organisations are lying just to keep people calm, but it actually makes me feel worse. Sorry for a info dump, but one person says it has 4x times kill rate of flu, then another says 20x, then their saying 80% of the worlds population will get it, which is just melting my brain.

I ordered furniture from Ikea earlier in the week, and its being delivered tomorrow, I'm even worrying about the delivery people and coming into contact with them or the boxes, probably a very silly reaction but this is how your mind can get very overworked.

I wish I had my step-dads attitude, he is so cool, calm and more worried about the weather as he sits down to a beer right now lol! He's nearly 73, guess its a generation thing too, but I admire his ability to not react to any of it (even though I am making him wash his hands when he comes back from the shop lol!).

Honestly, I do feel quite scared and anxious about it, but I'm also completely and utterly exhausted with how much I've been worrying about it too, so its hard to panic when I'm so drained too. I'm glad I have here to come too though, and not feel so alone, and maybe find some rationality among the chaos at the moment.

Me too, I don't think I'll be able to cope if a big outbreak happens, and we're all under lockdown

Also my dad is mid-50s with asthma so I guess at risk of life threatening complications. My mum is an ex-smoker, having quit at Christmas :(

Me too, I don't think I'll be able to cope if a big outbreak happens, and we're all under lockdown

Also my dad is mid-50s with asthma so I guess at risk of life threatening complications. My mum is an ex-smoker, having quit at Christmas :(
    Well, in sunnier news, the cases in China have dramatically eased up. I mean they are talking about getting back to business as usual...not sure when, but maybe that can give you some idea of expectations, especially considering that China was completely blindsided whereas the rest of the world has some idea of what they are dealing with and the measures that need to be implemented. This is not the first pandemic (which is really just a term to get governments to release funding and health entities to be prepared) and will not be the last.

I don't mind being in lockdown, as someone who is at home almost all day everyday anyway as I work from home and care for my parents too, I barely have any interaction with other people beside my parents, its the infection being lethal that frightens and has me concerned, my mum is also asthmatic, she is 54, but its very mild asthma. Its the Cosentyx she is on I worry about suppressing her immune system, and then I worry being Hypothyroid if that will be an issue?

I don't think its airborne is it? Its surfaces and close contact right? Check that video I posted with that doctor, he is doing daily updates about it. You see, I don't want to go into full blown panic mode, but at the same time, I don't want to become lack on this either. Try not cause yourself too much stress, as that will make you feel sick anyway, and be sure to get plenty of sleep too. I need that too as well, as all that anxiety has affected my sleep.

If you need to talk, I'm here btw, not sure what help I can be, but its always nice to talk even if its a rant or whatever.

It’s very worrying when they are talking about Hyde park being a morgue and new laws to keep people locked up and testing in your car. Why the panic if China is getting back to normal?

Page 105 of 384 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205 ... LastLast

Thread Information