Page 106 of 384 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 3831

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    It’s very worrying when they are talking about Hyde park being a morgue and new laws to keep people locked up and testing in your car. Why the panic if China is getting back to normal?
    I am not from England so I do not know the source of this information and cannot comment on this side of things, but I do know that for all intents and purposes the cases in China have waned. Whenever something new, novel is introduced, it is that lack of certainty which promotes such drastic measures. An overabundance of caution. But, look at it this way, they are trying to get out ahead of things by imposing quarantines or limiting travel or cancelling events. All things that would have stemmed the spread in China had they been done.

OK just reviewing a point I brought up much earlier in this thread about whether climate affects this virus - Singapore is right on the equator with a climate to match, hot and humid. Yet it has only 96 cases in a population of 5.6 million and those very densely packed.

So either 1 those health officials in Singapore are efficient on a superhuman level or 2 the virus doesn't like heat. Thailand also hasn't seen more than 41 cases with 69 million population. In fact those countries south of China should have seen explosions in numbers if we are talking proximity. Yet we see that in Korea especially and Japan less so, both chilly and on a latitude with China.

And spring is coming to Europe?

I am very worried about my holiday in April being cancelled. Just spent a fortune on it and worry I won’t be allowed to travel or if I am it won’t be safe? Seemingly airlines are cancelling flights due to lack of demand.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    OK just reviewing a point I brought up much earlier in this thread about whether climate affects this virus - Singapore is right on the equator with a climate to match, hot and humid. Yet it has only 96 cases in a population of 5.6 million and those very densely packed.

So either 1 those health officials in Singapore are efficient on a superhuman level or 2 the virus doesn't like heat. Thailand also hasn't seen more than 41 cases with 69 million population. In fact those countries south of China should have seen explosions in numbers if we are talking proximity. Yet we see that in Korea especially and Japan less so, both chilly and on a latitude with China.

And spring is coming to Europe?
    Sorry to bother you, I am talking a lot about this lately, but wanted to ask because you're mentioning heat. I'm in Ireland, where its not always warm lol! But, our bungalow is solar panelled and has underfloor heating and even if we put it on a low heat, the house will get super warm. Would that help if in the situation heat did help? Or is that considered like a false heat that wouldn't help at all?

I genuinely have no concern of a lockdown my priority is keeping my grandma and grandpa alive if lock down happens as well as keeping them safe from the virus as they are extremely vulnerable my grandpas lungs don’t inflate fully due to his crumbling spine and he’s had 4 stents in his heart 15 years ago.
    My gran has arthritis and had sepsis a year ago in her knee. I think she’s a bit more tough but at 90 is vulnerable.
    My mum has a blood platelet disorder and if I’m honest we are unsure how that affects her immune system.
    My priority is my family!
    I’m not overly concerned just practical with approach if panic becomes widespread it’s just going in encourage people not transmitting the virus so maybe the media might help prevent an epidemic here.
    Trying to keep my eyes on the sunshine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am surprised ocd message boards and anxiety sites shutting down discussions about this or moving them. Clearly this sort of thing does fall under health anxiety. Just like being worried about a heart attack or another disease.

Also the media hype about this is 10x worse than swine flu ten years ago. We heard it all before wash your hands ect but the media are saying if you have beard you are more at risk or they are mentioning shutting sport down and stuff. I think it shows the dangers of the social media/snow flake/news site/fake news generation. I would like to see evidence that this is anymore damaging than swine flu. I wonder how we coped the years ago perhaps less social media and less hype?

Update just sent my complaint off to the press standards. Hopefully they do something
    Last edited by phil06; 29-02-20 at 00:24.

compliment?? do you mean complaint?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Update just sent my compliment off to the press standards. Hopefully they do something
    They will thank you if it is a compliment

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Page 106 of 384 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156206 ... LastLast

Thread Information