Page 329 of 384 FirstFirst ... 229279319327328329330331339379 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,290 of 3831

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    So yes. We’re all having funny dreams!
    I also recall having very bizarre dreams during the first half of 2009 when we were at the height of the Credit Crunch and also while the Swine Flu pandemic was rearing its ugly head.

Though the worst of the hysteria and panics surrounding both events seemed to die down a bit during the latter half of that year, though obviously a walk in the park looking back, especially compared to the current situation, which will obviously blow over eventually, despite the current 'setback' with the latest CV stats , which is probably attributed largely to changes in the way the stats are counted and compiled once again.

I heard yesterday that todays stats would most likely be higher today as there is some back log in recording centrally, or some such thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    I heard yesterday that todays stats would most likely be higher today as there is some back log in recording centrally, or some such thing.
    Sounds pretty logical, even though there may not have been an actual 'record jump' in CV cases and deaths these past 24 hours alone, if taken into account, coupled with the non-hospital deaths (at least up until 20th March) now also being counted. Still all very up in the air ATM, though should hopefully all become even clearer over the coming days.

Just had a terrible episode with the fever. Sweating, then cold, then stomach issues. I'm so worried this will kill me. I'm only on day 2

Well guess what...we've been scammed!! There's a first time for everything, though in my defence I was halfway through hoovering plus other things when Mrs F presented me with her tablet to finalise a transaction to buy our daughter a ring for her birthday.

I click on PayPal knowing it to be secure and reliable. The next thing I've paid some kind of fruit company in China, google quickly revealed they have no record of it. So that's that, both HSBC and PayPal will have all angles covered of course.

That poodle in Tottenham is still tap dancing though

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Well guess what...we've been scammed!! There's a first time for everything, though in my defence I was halfway through hoovering plus other things when Mrs F presented me with her tablet to finalise a transaction to buy our daughter a ring for her birthday.

I click on PayPal knowing it to be secure and reliable. The next thing I've paid some kind of fruit company in China, google quickly revealed they have no record of it. So that's that, both HSBC and PayPal will have all angles covered of course.

That poodle in Tottenham is still tap dancing though
    Best to give them a good rinse when they are delivered...

Good news I guess...

Out of the 23,226 active cases of COVID-19 in the UK, only 163 are critical

Quote Originally Posted by jray23 View Post
    I'm hoping that perhaps one bright side on the other end of all this is that there will be more widespread acknowledgement of mental health issues, as many "normal" people are very much indeed feeling anxious and will now have some semblance of understanding what others may go through on a daily basis.
    You would hope, but Trump's message when asked about the mental health repercussions was far less than inspiring. There will be "Massive" depression, "Massive" suicides and "drug use like we've never seen before" was his response to the question with no hint of a solution or help :(

Those statistics will be lost in the shuffle I'm afraid. The reactions we see here are but a small sliver of the mental health pie in this situation. Take into account the entire pie and the situation is as tenuous as the physical health situation.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I find this reassuring

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/30/healt...ate/index.html

The research, published in the medical journal The Lancet Infectious Diseases, estimated that about 0.66% of those infected with the virus will die.

That coronavirus death rate, which is lower than earlier estimates, takes into account potentially milder cases that often go undiagnosed

So my great uncle died passed away over the weekend. He was almost 90, and had been in bad health for years. He was under private home-care for the past two years. We knew he could pass at any time, and we were preparing for hospice. He went into the ER last week due to heart issues and put in isolation because of his age. Well, I guess hospitals are testing everyone who comes in and/or passes in the hospital. They tested him right before he passed, but we didn't get the results back until today. He tested positive. So now, he's one of the statistics.

I feel like the hospital did a great job. If they hadn't isolated him right away, and my family members had been able to visit him, then many more of us would be either in isolation now or sick. As it is, only my uncle (his son), visited him, so we only have one person that has to be isolated, when we could have had dozens.

I am kind of in shock though that he got it. He never left the house. I can only assume that one of the nurses that visited him brought it in. And he obviously was very ill anyway, so it's not like his body had any defenses against it. I hope the nurses are okay.

Page 329 of 384 FirstFirst ... 229279319327328329330331339379 ... LastLast

Thread Information