Page 92 of 384 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

The CDC article this morning has really triggered me. I started full sweat and a feeling of doom. Trying not to spiral here. I’m feeling very scared. I also have a young child with health issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixess View Post
    Watching diamond Dave has made me feel calmer! He had it and pneumonia and didn’t even need antibiotics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    same here, got to love Diamond Dave!

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Why are you looking for anything coronavirus-related? You know what you will find...Horror stories. Why fill your head with this stuff? What is the point and what good will it do?
    I don’t know really. I am constantly on worldometer because that appears the most accurate and up to date. I occasionally google ‘coronavirus good news’ coronavirus survivors’ ‘coronavirus breakthrough’ or ‘coronavirus peak’ that sort of thing. I’ve managed to avoid the Daily Mail which was my usual outlet. The only news outlet I really read online is BBC news.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunflower318 View Post
    I know that taking my daughter out of school is crazy but with her asthma and having a 2 year old it terrifies me of then catching it. All I have seen about it is that its past the point of containing it and they dont know if warm weather will make it go away. Its going crazy in the middle east where its warm so thats not a good sign.
    Current temp in Tehran is 48f, not exactly warm. The middle-east has a desert climate, very hot in summer but very chilly at this time of year.

I know that taking my daughter out of school is crazy but with her asthma and having a 2 year old it terrifies me of then catching it. All I have seen about it is that its past the point of containing it and they dont know if warm weather will make it go away. Its going crazy in the middle east where its warm so thats not a good sign.

I know what you mean, all sorts of scenarios have been playing out in my head.

i did read somewhere that 300 of those who tested positive on the cruise ship were and still are asymptomatic. If this is the case then there are probably thousands more who are the same. Plus remember not every single person in the world will be infected so there are those that don’t get it at all, those that get it but show no symptoms and those that get it and show only mild symptoms. I think there are more than is thought

That's also what I saw. They will start testing people that show flu-like symptoms because they think theres milder cases that they arent counting

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbear View Post
    I don’t know really. I am constantly on worldometer because that appears the most accurate and up to date. I occasionally google ‘coronavirus good news’ coronavirus survivors’ ‘coronavirus breakthrough’ or ‘coronavirus peak’ that sort of thing. I’ve managed to avoid the Daily Mail which was my usual outlet. The only news outlet I really read online is BBC news.
    That must make you very stressed. What will you do with your time after this saga is over?

I just saw from our news station that a CDC official says it's not IF t's coming, it's WHEN. And people need to be prepared for business and schools to close when it happens.
    I saw that article on FOX news. Trump says the warmer weather will knock it out and Rush Limbaugh says its nothing more than a common cold. Being Rush is a medal of honor recipient and has Stage IV cancer, he should know right?

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 25-02-20 at 23:51.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

So far, there have been no pediatric deaths. They say children actually get infected much less than adults do. So flu is still a bigger issue than covid-19 at schools even if/when this thing does reach community-transmission level everywhere. I concur that it really is a matter of when and how much rather than if at this point. People are turning up with it after traveling to Italy two, three weeks ago. So while we just found out about the Italian outbreak five days ago, it's been hidden for much longer.

Want good news in recent covid-19 developments?

1) A vaccine is scheduled to be tested in humans in six weeks, per Dr. Fauci, a high infectious diseases government official in the US.

2) Gilead is going to shortly begin a phase 1 clinical trial for a drug to treat covid-19.

3) Also, the rate of daily new cases in China is continuing to decline, if their numbers are accurate that is a good sign that maybe this thing peters out after awhile or maybe after being exposed to an outbreak, people in a community start developing some immunity.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

I just read something that made me realize besides the math that it's a virtual guarantee that covid-19 outbreaks in various places in the USA at some point. You Brits won't have this cause/problem but with our shitty medical insurance system, sick people with no or poor insurance coverage will refuse to get tested so they don't go bankrupt, and then will likely spread the virus around rather than get treated! This poor guy was just trying to do the right thing and he now owes at least $1400 for a flu test...

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/hea...240476806.html

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Page 92 of 384 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast

Thread Information