Page 100 of 384 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 3831

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixess View Post
    I’m looking forward to the lockdown!!! All my anxiety from going out the house avoided!! No guilt for not going out and more time to do my dissertation!!!

I hope dominoes don’t shut down if we are all told to stay in can’t the dominoes people stay in dominoes and delivery to like my wall and I’ll leave the money in vinegar and then we are all very very happy people!!!!

(She types sneezing all over my phone)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Dominoes shuts down we will know that Armageddon has finally arrived...

What are you doing your dissertation on?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    If Dominoes shuts down we will know that Armageddon has finally arrived...

What are you doing your dissertation on?
    Female health inequalities and culture and stigma around that and how this impacts women with rare health conditions

Honestly if I didn’t have dominoes I would cry so hard!!! I’ve fitted in my diet and in four weeks including have dominoes with family couple of times a week I have lost 6lbs lol its a necessity

Coronavirus confirmed at a school in Derbyshire not far from me but our local paper hasn’t picked up the story cannot believe how slow they are! It’s in the daily mail though I feel with this the daily mail gave journos. Positioned all over the country in rabbit holes ready to pounce on any whisper of coronavirus almost like spies of the coronavirus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can anybody give me a tips to relax as I can’t stop worrying about it and I spend all day worrying?

Steop reiterating that world is ending, we are all doomed etc etc etc ?

There are 73,490 members on this forum, have any of those members got Coronavirus none reported against many members that have had the flu.
    Last edited by Carnation; 27-02-20 at 11:18.

An excellent point, Carnation. Trouble is if people are intent on panicking and "researching" every single sentence uttered on coronavirus then nothing will reassure them. It's a morbid fascination that pulls them in. The irony is that those least "at risk" will panic the most whilst those who have genuine health issues or who are older will just get on with it.

I do think that too much "information" and too many statistics will just cause confusion and added anxiety. The media are in their element.

They are absolutely in their element Pulisa ! The moment that a slight change occurs in the narrative the whole front page of the BBC online is edge to edge virus stories. Its beyond ridiculous, and totally unnecessary. I have mentioned this on this thread before, but I have been rolling my eyes at some of the words even our usually most trusted news source has been using on their header paragraphs - 'deadly' and 'severe' being the most consistent. Stats don't indicate either AT ALL and its irresponsible the way they are all behaving as its fuelling the panic.

Meanwhile, I popped over to the DM, something I've not done in many a year just to see how much they are fuelling fear. The massive front page - 'Brits bring back virus' and 'diagnosed with deadly infection'. I read through the article and mentally highlighted all the words that were causing bias in the direction of extreme fear, an activity I recall doing at school with a hard copy of the sun newspaper and a highlighter pen - it is dreadful how those phrases and repetitions of words are laid out to light the taper of panic.
    Last edited by Carys; 27-02-20 at 13:27.

I agree with others that the press is fueling fear. I just read an article that quoted several scientists and medical professionals that affirms my belief about this and what I've been saying all along...

During a viral pandemic, we are often our own worst enemies. Point in fact: We touch our face with our hands, including our nose, eyes, and mouth -- areas with mucous membranes, an average of 15 to 23 times an hour. Much of the time, we don't even realize we are doing it. We also touch door handles, subway poles, handrails, saltshakers, other people's hands and grocery carts. We inhale tiny droplets that come from someone sneezing or coughing nearby.

The good news? The steps you can take to protect yourself against the extremely low chance that you might get exposed to coronavirus in the US will also guard against the widespread outbreak we are actually experiencing here -- seasonal influenza. While at least 60 cases of Covid-19 have been confirmed in the US, no one has died of it here, while this year's influenza has infected at least 29 million in the US and killed about 16,000 so far.

It's good to remember that more than 80% of the Covid-19 cases have been mild, requiring little to no medical intervention, and it is much less deadly than severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) and Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS), which are also coronaviruses.

Here is the best advice I can give you, to avoid any virus and flu: Be intentionally hygienic in public and during interactions with others. Hand hygiene is a cornerstone of infection prevention. Effective hand hygiene requires appropriate duration and thoroughness, which should be a goal each time our hands are cleaned.

Use soap and water for the amount of time it takes to sing the "Happy Birthday" song, or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer. In a study we conducted on hand hygiene, the most common areas missed by hand washers were thumbs, wrists, and in between fingers.

Common sense people. No different than any other Cold and Flu season. And stop feeding your dragons with the news!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

They do that with the weather as well Carys.
    Practically every week there's a 'danger to life', wind, rain ice, snow, fog, mist, sun, humidity... That just about covers everything!
    How on earth did soldier's cope and survive the war and still live to be the ripe old age of 90.

Yes Pulisa, I agree. If this sort of thing sets off the fear, why fuel it?

Just saw the first case without any outside travel or contact with a sick person is in California. Awesome.

Page 100 of 384 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast

Thread Information