Page 82 of 384 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

Quote Originally Posted by lebonvin View Post
    http://global.chinadaily.com.cn/a/20...217278321.html

Another ok article what counters the western imperial opinions. A lot of dudes here don't realize that what their saying in kinda racist
    Why would it be any different though? Nations, including China who this author seems to forget is a human rights abuser to people different to them, all criticise each other.

Managing the flow of opinion has always been important and was taken to a new level by the Nazis where the term propaganda emerged. Now we all use political speeches and biased media outlets to frown on countries and governments we don't like.

The author even bringing the term colonial into it could be argued as a way to invite guilt for the past by those who acted this way.

China are on the shit list for many countries. The US are on the shit list for many in the UK (Trump, Israel, constant meddling in other countries governments, destabilising the Middle East, racism, arrogance, leftist dislike of the US, etc) just as we are for other countries.

If China can show us all how pure white as the driven snow they are then perhaps people will have more sympathy? Crying xenophobia whilst imprisoning how many people simply for being a Muslim is going to look pretty hypocritical. And having the highest capital punishment rate is going to be worse than someone saying nasty things to them.

It's just the usual struggle of BS between all our countries who have many demons of their own isn't it?

Is this author following the example of Israel? They have tried to make all criticism of their government fall under Anti Semitism to shut down legitimate concern.

I think it's a bit of both really.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixess View Post
    I was trying to figure out how long the guys on the cruise ship have been in isolation because it’s crazy that that couple caught it in isolation. I’m not sure where all this is going, but either way mum and I are relieved it’s not the barrage of news that was. Like the government said if over 100 people in the uk catch it they won’t bother isolating people in hospital or testing people. We just have got to get on with it. We will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Think they maybe caught it before everybody was isolated but of course it can take up to 14 days before symptoms start/positive testing if no symptoms. Although I think some of the staff had been infected and serving food etc (not intentionally). I know things tend to spread like wildfire on cruise ships hence my reluctance to go on one. Shame really because I bet you get to see some great places.

You’re right, although if not a vaccine to prevent catching it I at least hope some of these current drug trials for treatment are successful x

Quote Originally Posted by lebonvin View Post
    Es corretto amigo

Countries what folk call Communist like China, North Korea ain't Communist, just dictatored.

Cuba is the only Communist country left and got the best healthcare n lowest poverty in south America. Yous can find their doctors in many other countries.

In USA n UK wes got dictators. So whats the point of voting

Don't got zilch wrong with coalitions. Better than a dictators government like in UK n UK. Coalitions works fine and dandy in Germany, Denmark etc. coz they got decent folk who's can work together. In UK n USA we is too polarized n just squabble.
    They are more used to coalitions but they still cause problems as Merkel found out last year.

I don't know about the US but the UK is certainly not a dictatorship. It's no different now than it was before and the only people I hear overhear stating this are complaining because of Brexit not going their way or Labour not getting in. We can change the ruling party every 4 years and that new government can undo all the changes of the last one if they wish and get supporting votes.

But we do have issues with what we could see as democratic. A lack of choice. The House of Lords full of unelected cronies or party donators which is akin to how your lot appoint judges to support their cause. Parties scheming with each other to drop their candidates which shouldn't be allowed as it affects how we can vote. MP's 'crossing the floor' to join a different party taking your vote with them without a by-election to determine if that's what their voters want (and frequently it isn't as later votes show).

Coalitions may work on more mundane issues or those where there is unlikely to be opposition. When it came to Brexit it showed us how utterly pointless Parliament was. Everything stopped. The other side of it though is a party with a majority that can't be stopped as they make changes that could be unacceptable to the public. However despite the faux crying over here about our country being changed forever by them you get a chance to kick their backsides out in a few years for a party that reverses the damage. Our problem at the moment being the opposition aren't electable and it will take Boris doing a hell of a lot to shift that.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/51342366

I know the target audience of this is perhaps slightly more youthful than my 28 years but still, nice little video.

Hope everyone is good!

We've just had one our ex regulars in at work who moved to China (not exactly sure where) last year. I was slightly freaked for a minute or two then thought nope, he’s a teacher, will have been sensible since returning to the UK and had a nice chat with him.

Well the number of cases is now increasing rapidly in South Korea as well. And 3 people have died in Japan from this. The death rate (even if we believe the Chinese stats) is hitting 3%, worse than the Spa nish Flu pandemic of 1918...Sorry folks, this pandemic isn't going away any time soon, prepare yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Panicattacka View Post
    Well the number of cases is now increasing rapidly in South Korea as well. And 3 people have died in Japan from this. The death rate (even if we believe the Chinese stats) is hitting 3%, worse than the Spa nish Flu pandemic of 1918...Sorry folks, this pandemic isn't going away any time soon, prepare yourselves.

wow that’s really useful for a forum full of anxiety sufferers where we come for support.

the number of deaths vs survivors are actually getting further apart. The WHO will decide what the survival percentage is when they have all the information they need.

i appreciate your worries but saying you’re concerned that is what is going to happen is fair enough. Telling people that IS what is going to happen is unnecessary x
    Last edited by Kirbear; 21-02-20 at 12:35. Reason: edit

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbear View Post
    wow that’s really useful for a forum full of anxiety sufferers where we come for support.

the number of deaths vs survivors are actually getting further apart. The WHO will decide what the survival percentage is when they have all the information they need.

i appreciate your worries but saying you’re concerned that is what is going to happen is fair enough. Telling people that IS what is going to happen is unnecessary x
    I'm sorry, I didn't mean to worry you. It's just that the last few days it seems as if my fellow Brits have forgotten about COVID-19 because their case numbers have stayed at 9. There have hardly been any people posting about it on this site for a few days. But it hasn't gone away, in fact it is now spreading outside of China and non-Chinese are dying too. Please don't be complacent, please prepare, that's all I'm saying.

Hey Shogun

Where you'd get that 3% from? Codswollop my man. Flu n TB ain't going any where either.

If it's freakin you, get your ass to Guam or Saipan or one a them hot places near Japan where they don't got no cases. Hawaii? Laos? Cambodia?

I'm preparin for this by doing jack shit. If you let it disrupt your life, that's your problem.

Another option is lock yousself in your shoebox apartment n get pizzas delivered n left outside.

An alternative point of view, from somebody on the front line:
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...formation-help

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to worry you. It's just that the last few days it seems as if my fellow Brits have forgotten about COVID-19 because their case numbers have stayed at 9. There have hardly been any people posting about it on this site for a few days. But it hasn't gone away, in fact it is now spreading outside of China and non-Chinese are dying too. Please don't be complacent, please prepare, that's all I'm saying.
    It’s okay.

Oh don’t worry I don’t think those of us who worried about it in the first place have forgotten about it. I most certainly haven’t. I already have anxiety and OCD, germs are my biggest fear so I am already obsessive over the hand washing, not touching door handles etc. I worry because not everyone is like me in that way.

people can be disgusting, it’s like when there are illnesses going around school and work. People play the hero and come in when they’re ill thus having a knock on effect on everyone else. Personally I find them selfish, not heroic.

I don’t want to make like this is ok because obviously it’s not but a majority are elderly or have existing health issues. There is a handful of younger people having severe consequences but this can also happen with other viruses. Personally, elderly and already ill people are just as important as everyone else x

Page 82 of 384 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast

Thread Information