Page 335 of 384 FirstFirst ... 235285325333334335336337345 ... LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,350 of 3831

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

It must be horrendously difficult to be apart from much loved parents, friends and relatives with no time limit for the enforced separation.

I get a certain comfort from knowing that my Father doesn't have to face this alone as he died 5 years ago. How awful is it to admit that? He would have been so vulnerable in his nineties with severe macular degeneration.

We must just keep on going because there will be an end to this xx

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    At the time she took ill and passed, we were just coming out of my wife's illness. She had been in the hospital for three months and home for a couple of weeks when my Mom went into hospice care. My wife had to have surgery and was home just a day when my sister called and said it was time. I got her as comfortable as I could and we drove up to see her and say our goodbyes. We saw her New Years Eve, sat with her for the morning and afternoon (she was not aware, drugged and unconscious) said our goodbyes and drove home. She passed early on New Years Day. The funeral was the next weekend and we sat Shiva for a couple days with family and friends before returning home again. After that I was totally pre-occupied with caring for my wife as she was severely cognitively impaired and on a plethora of meds I had to regulate. The reality of her passing really didn't hit me until a year later. We did gather at my sister's house to celebrate her life.

Positive thoughts
    Geez, when it rains, it pours. I’m sorry you had to go through that, FMP.

Update: the nurse is pulling through. No ventilator needed

we’re also letting the house sit for 14 days before we go in so we don’t have to pay hazmat. Then we can just have regular cleaners go in.

Good news about the nurse, and a good idea about the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Instadeath? No, you have to use language like that to get the seriousness of this into the thick skulls of Scum readers. Although bubonic plague can be treated now (it still exists in some countries).
    I'm a bit late to the thread, busy day. However, bubonic plague and especially pneumonic (when the bacteria reaches the lungs), was and still is nearly always fatal. Back in the 1300s before ABs it was curtains if you got it. Even now with the occasional outbreak (Madagascar I think) it is still lethal without rapid intervention with ABs. COVID-19 doesn't even get close.

This virus is going to cause the Second Great Depression!
    Last edited by FrankT; 02-04-20 at 23:23.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
    Hysterical nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    Hysterical nonsense.
    Not really, considering it's already caused the stock markets to crash.

Hi, I have started to get anxious about potentially having it. Although I don't have a fever and a cough my body has got increasingly tired and aches a lot, tonight I was shivering, started to struggle to move properly (48 year old, not over weight). I have sharp pains in my middle back when I breathe in, I am a controlled asthmatic. Live on my own, so plucked up the courage to call 111 (was worried about wasting peoples time) although the person was nice on the phone, if you do not have a fever or cough that's pretty much it - conversation over. I know I feel ill, it's not imaginary, its weird because I have not seen anyone physically since the 20th March. Not sure if anxiety is helping to create phantom physical symptoms :( WFH could also be having a mental affect as I normally work around people.

So already loaded employers are accessing the government pot meant to pay wages rather than companies lay them off to save themselves:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-pay-cut.html

Everyone accessing this pot needs to be carefully scrutinised and made to pay it back, with interest, if they had the means to pay their own bills. Otherwise we will pay in our taxes for more corporate greed.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
    Frank, the forum is a discussion board. You generally come on and post a highly unlikely, provocative statement and then leave. I don’t know how this is helpful to anyone - especially as the forum is called no more panic.
    Have you ever thought about wording things differently? In your head as well as on the forum?

Page 335 of 384 FirstFirst ... 235285325333334335336337345 ... LastLast

Thread Information