Page 98 of 384 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbear View Post
    It’s potentially close to me now. Four schools in my nearest city have closed due to 70 kids coming back from Lombardy in Italy on 22nd and two schools in my sisters town closed due to one person potentially having come in to contact with an infected person. I’m afraid of it escalating quickly like Italy and suchlike. Most places that are infected in Europe now have come from Italy. The city is where most of us in our small town go for food, drinks, nights out, cinema, school etc. 7/8 trains daily there and back. A bit too close to home for my liking.
    "Potentially" is the operative word. It's potentially close to anyone who is terrified.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    What are my rights with cancelling my holiday do Eurostar, LNER and booking.com offer refunds? My hotel says non refundable will they change for special cases?
    I don’t think so yet, but all the travel companies will have the information you need.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Maybe a career in "journalism" at the Daily Mail would be a good move for you, Phil? I bet your garden doesn't worry you as much now?
    Yes I use to want to be a journalist but I went off the idea. And right now I feel a constant stress my fear is Europe is shut down and I can’t travel which would not be very good

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    Legally for insurance isn't this classed as an act of God?
    Probably not. I'm catching information second-hand, but from what I'm hearing in the event industry I'm in, insurance companies are saying there needs to be a clause specifically for disease/epidemic etc, already in a contract or this wouldn't be covered.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

The papers say we could get an outbreak like Italy within 72 hours we are all doomed and maybe I won’t make work?

The government are preparing for the possibility of an outbreak which is simply good planning, if they weren't I'd be seriously worried. This doesn't mean its definitely going to happen though.

The last time I felt this way was 2012 when the world was going to end. Swine flu was quite worrying aswell as I may have got it and never known.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    The papers say we could get an outbreak like Italy within 72 hours we are all doomed and maybe I won’t make work?
    If there actually is an outbreak, you still aren't doomed.

Probably isn't a bad idea to make sure you have enough groceries on hand to last 2-4 weeks just in case and if nothing happens well then you don't have to shop for awhile.

Our Supreme Orange Leader is about to hold a press conference. He's probably going to say to invest in the stock market and that "no one knows more about coronavirus than me, believe me, a lot of people are saying everything is fine because I am a great leader, the best ever, some might say, and therefore you have nothing to worry about".

Quote Originally Posted by jray23 View Post
    If there actually is an outbreak, you still aren't doomed.

Probably isn't a bad idea to make sure you have enough groceries on hand to last 2-4 weeks just in case and if nothing happens well then you don't have to shop for awhile.

Our Supreme Orange Leader is about to hold a press conference. He's probably going to say to invest in the stock market and that "no one knows more about coronavirus than me, believe me, a lot of people are saying everything is fine because I am a great leader, the best ever, some might say, and therefore you have nothing to worry about".

True you can stock up but imagine not getting fresh meat, bread, fish or whatever we would live on curry and tinned food

You can freeze it Phil

I wish people would stop panicking so much - out of most on here I am more likely to get it cos I have a suppressed immune system but I have to go out and work so just take precautions where I can.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Page 98 of 384 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast

Thread Information