Page 333 of 384 FirstFirst ... 233283323331332333334335343383 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,330 of 3831

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

Yeah, I agree FMP. That's one thing about our religion/culture that I really like. I feel like we really emphasize the now and what we can do in our lives to enrich the human existence versus a preoccupation with what will happen after we pass, as I've felt observing some other faiths.

Did you observe the full year of Shiva for your mother?

my mom had the local news turned on and there was a man saying "if you catch this virus, you die" which....isnt true all the time. they're acting like this virus has a 100% death rate. yes, some people die but not everyone does. i feel like saying that is unnecessary fearmongering. yes, we need to stay inside and help prevent the spread of the virus, especially to those who are the most vulnerable, but we need to not SPREAD PANIC.
    sorry, had to get it out of my system. it sparked panic in my heart even though i know the numbers and facts of the whole situation.

antsy, im so sorry about your uncle. :( what a difficult time you must be going through. you'll be in my thoughts, and i hope once this nastiness levels out, you'll be able to have a proper get together and share memories and happiness together. i hope you're coping as well as you can be, please take care of yourself.

Thanks, laner.

Update: Well, the nurse is doing better, so that's good. The nurse is in his 50s, i'm guessing? But my uncle (my great uncle's son) and his wife are now showing symptoms. I guess they've been tested, but no results back yet :S

Sorry for your loss AntsyVee. Hoping everything is ok for your uncle and his wife!

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lanerbanana View Post
    my mom had the local news turned on and there was a man saying "if you catch this virus, you die" which....isnt true all the time. they're acting like this virus has a 100% death rate. yes, some people die but not everyone does. i feel like saying that is unnecessary fearmongering. yes, we need to stay inside and help prevent the spread of the virus, especially to those who are the most vulnerable, but we need to not SPREAD PANIC.
    sorry, had to get it out of my system. it sparked panic in my heart even though i know the numbers and facts of the whole situation.

antsy, im so sorry about your uncle. :( what a difficult time you must be going through. you'll be in my thoughts, and i hope once this nastiness levels out, you'll be able to have a proper get together and share memories and happiness together. i hope you're coping as well as you can be, please take care of yourself.
    Although I completely understand the sheer terror many are currently feeling the world over re this CV pandemic, what that man said on your local news was totally uncalled for and hyperbolic in the extreme!! The 'know-it-all' syndrome comes to mind here.

A bit like the Daily Express (Depress) here in the UK having a habit of regularly spewing out scaremongering front-page headlines (in 'normal' times alone), about hypothetical apocalyptic events that in the vast majority of cases, never seem to materialise. And they just keep doing it again and again and again!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Although I completely understand the sheer terror many are currently feeling the world over re this CV pandemic, what that man said on your local news was totally uncalled for and hyperbolic in the extreme!! The 'know-it-all' syndrome comes to mind here.

A bit like the Daily Express (Depress) here in the UK having a habit of regularly spewing out scaremongering front-page headlines (in 'normal' times alone), about hypothetical apocalyptic events that in the vast majority of cases, never seem to materialise. And they just keep doing it again and again and again!!
    The Sun described it earlier as "the fatal virus" which makes it sound like the modern day plague.... so dumb

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    The Sun described it earlier as "the fatal virus" which makes it sound like the modern day plague.... so dumb
    Wow, what hyperbolic language would they employ if bubonic plague ever swept the land again?

Quote Originally Posted by Panicattacka View Post
    Wow, what hyperbolic language would they employ if bubonic plague ever swept the land again?
    Instadeath? No, you have to use language like that to get the seriousness of this into the thick skulls of Scum readers. Although bubonic plague can be treated now (it still exists in some countries).

I might be dumb but can lift heavy things
    Having travelled in many countries what countries does bubonic exit.
    I have been to Trumps(Shit House) Africa and I hadn’t heard of it there.

I keep reading comments on social media of people saying this lockdown will probably last 3 months. I’m a week in and already feel like I can’t take it anymore. Only staying home and seeing the surrounding areas on my walk is doing my head in. Nothing feels normal anymore I just want some normality back. I really don’t think I can cope with this for 12 weeks I’m already feeling suicidal.

Page 333 of 384 FirstFirst ... 233283323331332333334335343383 ... LastLast

Thread Information