Page 315 of 384 FirstFirst ... 215265305313314315316317325365 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,150 of 3831

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

Hi hope4tomorrow and welcome to the CV thread. It sounds like you too have vulnerable people at home to protect. It isn't easy is it, especially with cases of CV rising. My wife is isolating upstairs as she has a number of health issues including epilepsy, crohns disease and fibromyalgia. Our daughter works in a local convenience store so COVID-19 can find its way into our house via her.

But then I'm hardly unique being in that position, we just have to keep washing our hands and hoping. Oh that was what I was going to say. Our son's 'friend' keeps phoning him to see if he wants to go round for a takeaway and drinks tonight. Son keeps saying no due to the lock down and CV so the aforementioned 'friend' has taken a funny with him. I really don't know on what planet some of these people live, only that we are just lucky that we're not all like that cretin, otherwise we'd be in an even bigger mess.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Hi hope4tomorrow and welcome to the CV thread. It sounds like you too have vulnerable people at home to protect. It isn't easy is it, especially with cases of CV rising. My wife is isolating upstairs as she has a number of health issues including epilepsy, crohns disease and fibromyalgia. Our daughter works in a local convenience store so COVID-19 can find its way into our house via her.

But then I'm hardly unique being in that position, we just have to keep washing our hands and hoping. Oh that was what I was going to say. Our son's 'friend' keeps phoning him to see if he wants to go round for a takeaway and drinks tonight. Son keeps saying no due to the lock down and CV so the aforementioned 'friend' has taken a funny with him. I really don't know on what planet some of these people live, only that we are just lucky that we're not all like that cretin, otherwise we'd be in an even bigger mess.

Sadly some people still don't give a damn about the current situation and just seem to have their heads buried in the sand!!

Totally pathetic if you ask me!!

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post

Look at it another way, you have a son who does understand and isn't bowing to peer pressure. He is a credit to you.

Quote Originally Posted by hope4tomorrow View Post
    I'll join the worried brigade though it gets better if I don't haunt the "news" like a ghost. I have LPR and seasonal allergies and March is prime time for those here. So, I have a little cough that ranges from wet to dry,a runny nose in the AM and the usual irritated throat with lump, but no fever. Pretty sure that the cough is half allergy/reflux and half psychogenic ( not my favorite word). But, I have an elderly mom, a DH who just turned 60 and a disabled son with severe autism/epilepsy, so none of those factors tend to soothe me. I honestly think that my LPR is somewhat due to internalized stress due to my usual set of genuine concerns regarding my son/family. Covid-19, you are not helping!! Our city is sheltering at home; we have about 15 cases in our town; the state itself has quite a few.

But....like y'all, I know that worry will pay me no dividends. I had to go to the grocery store because many things aren't available online ( sold out, etc.). So, you do the best you can. Hope everybody here gets through and then we'll return to our usual anxiety! LOL...
    Welcome to NMP

You will get plenty of support on here and there are members who will understand your challenges as you have to keep going for your family despite your own mental health issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    My grandma's husband (I suppose my step-granddad, though I've never met him) is dying alone (because of COVID-19) in hospital from lung cancer
    Very sorry to hear that, Toby. Your grandma will he needing you all right now as it's has enough going through that without all the extra worries about getting ill and not being allowed into hospitals.

I hope she gets to see him somehow and that he is getting the very best of care.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
    I can't take it anymore! I know what's happened, it was Trump, he planted the virus so he could secure re-election! It's like Norsefire and St. Mary's!
    As much as I hate his guts (dare I say it), I can't for the life of me believe that or see how Trump 'planted' this or even (according to certain CTs) 'invented' this virus in any way. I have a sneaky suspicion that this CV pandemic will probably put the chances of his re-election later this year in even greater doubt, though I could be totally wrong, of course!!

Although I totally acknowledge the fact that the whole world is quaking in its boots over this virus pandemic right now, and with trying not to be too personal towards anyone on here, I am starting to find a lot of this CT and 'blame game' stuff concerning CV rather tedious and counter-productive, especially given there is still no scientific evidence to prove contrary to what the experts already know so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    As much as I hate his guts (dare I say it), I can't for the life of me believe that or see how Trump 'planted' this or even (according to certain CTs) 'invented' this virus in any way. I have a sneaky suspicion that this CV pandemic will probably put the chances of his re-election later this year in even greater doubt, though I could be totally wrong, of course!!
    I have absolutely no doubt that come November, DJT will be elected for a second term. He has high approval ratings and American politics has become so partisan it's like watching two religions fighting each other; both have a blind faith in their chosen doctrine and absolutely refuse to concede anything to the other side.

I’m afraid you may be right, Pamplemousse. Although I was rather pleased to see that both the house and the senate unanimously voted to accept the stimulus bill passed last week to help our citizens. I’m not sure they’ve ever come together and voted all in favor of something like this before. Now just isn’t the time to have those party line divisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    I have absolutely no doubt that come November, DJT will be elected for a second term. He has high approval ratings and American politics has become so partisan it's like watching two religions fighting each other; both have a blind faith in their chosen doctrine and absolutely refuse to concede anything to the other side.
    This virus is the only thing that might lose the election for him. I've been convinced totally that he wins in a landslide until recently. But, the Democrats appear to have chosen Biden at this point and he's is such a weak candidate. And now, he can't even go out campaigning, while Trump is on TV every day giving a press conference. So, assuming we're at least on the upswing by November, I think Trump does win. I had always said the only thing that would stop him from winning was a recession, but I don't think this recession will count.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Yeah but one of the major things that ensures a president's re-election is money in people's pockets. We tend vote with the amount of money in our wallets. So if too many people here in the states suffer too long without a decent paycheck, he may not get re-elected. That's why he's wanting to get the economy over here back up and running, because he knows it could screw up his chances of getting another four years.

I've always figured he would re-elected, but with more democrats getting re-elected in the house and senate keeping him in check for the next four years. But now - with this virus effecting the economy, I don't know, we'll all see.

Page 315 of 384 FirstFirst ... 215265305313314315316317325365 ... LastLast

Thread Information