Page 108 of 384 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 3831

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

Today I had a sore itchy throat and a hoarse voice (after I got over the flu from early January). Now I'm worried. I live in a state that has a LOT of transient tourists and business professionals going through it from all over the world.

This is extremely scary.

Quote Originally Posted by BrightPhoenix View Post
    Today I had a sore itchy throat and a hoarse voice (after I got over the flu from early January). Now I'm worried. I live in a state that has a LOT of transient tourists and business professionals going through it from all over the world.

This is extremely scary.
    Those aren't symptoms of coronavirus.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    It’s very worrying when they are talking about Hyde park being a morgue and new laws to keep people locked up and testing in your car. Why the panic if China is getting back to normal?
    Who are "they", Phil?

Sounds like a dystopian TV series

I'm in Surrey so probably at the heart of the new"epicentre"....1 new case.

What annoys me is when the first UK person died yesterday and they won't reveal where he came from, age circumstances and so on, it throws people in to panic, so why mention it all. The media have a lot to answer to imo.
    They are causing the panic and to some extent, hysteria.
    I know people that are too scared to go out, shops considering closing and in the same breath, my cousin works delivering equipment to hospitals and he's going about his day as normal.
    The media are also cherry picking news that shocks, that's their aim and always will be unfortunately.

I heard that this morning Pulisa, apparently no contact with a carrier, how can that be? Again, info not in its fullest, so makes you wary of anything and everything.

Didn't see a single mask at Euston station around 9.30am today.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    What annoys me is when the first UK person died yesterday and they won't reveal where he came from, age circumstances and so on, it throws people in to panic, so why mention it all. The media have a lot to answer to imo.
    They are causing the panic and to some extent, hysteria.
    I know people that are too scared to go out, shops considering closing and in the same breath, my cousin works delivering equipment to hospitals and he's going about his day as normal.
    The media are also cherry picking news that shocks, that's their aim and always will be unfortunately.
    I’ve read today he was in his 70’s and didn’t reside in the UK. I’ve noticed this too, elderly people with underlying health issues are seldom reported now. Yet jump all over it if someone is below the age of 50. It’s no secret people who are younger have died from this but the same can be said of the flu. It is, however more likely to be severe in those who are older or with underlying health conditions but of course this doesn’t make the headlines look as exciting as ‘Healthy 36 year old’ has passed away from Covid19’

in the case of a marathon runner in Italy being seriously ill with it. Marathon runners and the like put their bodies through a lot of stress which can affect the immune system. Same with a guy in our office who was a bodybuilder, he was almost at 0% body fat and he made sure he took plenty of vitamins and supplements on top of his usual diet and let me tell you, he was constantly ill with something or another because he’d put too much strain on his body. He doesn’t do it anymore and he is rarely ill. Exercise and healthy eating are great in moderation but it’s the extremes which aren’t as good as you think for you.

The Drs in China who were late 20’s-30’s, I can’t imagine they would have been getting sufficient rest, likely not getting chance to eat properly and once they are infected perhaps pushing through the pain and carrying on. Healthy, younger people can die from anything that’s just a fact of life but chances are slimmer than they are in others. Not that I’m saying it’s okay for elderly/immunocompromised to be affected, just saying how the media will always make a bigger deal over the ‘rarities’

Very good points kirbear

It's starting to spread in US. There 3 confirmed cases that have no source. We really dont know how scared we should be. Theres still no confirmed cases in the state we are in but they are monitoring people.

Page 108 of 384 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208 ... LastLast

Thread Information