Page 340 of 384 FirstFirst ... 240290330338339340341342350 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,400 of 3831

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

Oh I’m glad to see that Carys. I had looked a few days ago and she hadn’t been on for awhile. Glad to see she logged in at least.

I am worried abvou coronavirus with every symptom I get

I don;t have the main symptoms the high temperature and the cough which the health experts are talking about .just the bit of a sore throat. I am feeling a bit tired because I have not been sleeping well

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    No Erin, unfortunately we haven't heard from Kiko. Many of us, like yourself, have been asking after her for a couple of weeks on this thread. I will say though - I've just checked and it says she last logged in on 1st April. So, maybe she is doing ok ?
    That's good, at least she's still about.

Hi there everyone, I’m new to this forum but thought I would sign up and get involved, I suffer with health anxiety and generalised anxiety but mainly based around health, I’ve just turned 27 a few months ago and I am petrified about this corona virus! As far as I’m aware I have no underlying health conditions and I am relatively healthy, my diet isn’t great really but other than that I’m quite healthy! I’m seeing all the time young healthy people dying from this virus and it has sent my health anxiety off big time! Since this outbreak I have struggled to function day to day, constantly worried and constantly looking at statistics! It’s horrific, I know we are all in the same boat which is why I thought I’d post on here to see how some of you are coping with it and how people with health anxiety like me are coping with it! I can’t help but think of the worst case scenarios constantly and wondering if anyone had any tips on coping with this?

Chalmers, someone in your age group is very very unlikely to die with this virus. The documented cases, while of course tragic, are anomalous and cherry-picked by the media for maximum impact.

Fishman, thank you for your comment, that’s calmed me down a bit too be fair! I was fine until the media started saying ‘young and healthy 18 year old died,’ that set me off! The media is bad too be fair, I’m going to try and cut it out but it is literally everywhere!

Dan, hello mate, and welcome as well! It’s a horrible time for everyone isn’t it but having health anxiety my whole life this is my worst nightmare!! I’m getting so many physical symptoms that mirror the virus and other symptoms! It’s so hard at the minute but as you said, hopefully this group can put our mind at rest a little and we will all get through it!

It’s the unknown as well, if we had a specific date when we knew the lockdown will be lifted then it would be much easier as we have a goal to reach! But nobody knows do they! 😩

I just feel bad worrying and stuff about it and feel selfish when there is amazing NHS staff on the frontline everyday and all other key workers and I’m sat at home worrying about this! Makes me feel dead guilty!

I have the exact same thoughts. Doesn't help that anxiety can make you short of breath and gives feeling of tightness.

Dan, I have the same problem as well, had it for about 3 weeks which means if it was corona virus it would either have gone now or I’d be in hospital, my chest muscles are so tight which is affecting my breathing, I have to keep stretching my chest because it’s so tight! It’s so uncomfortable, and also when I’m trying to sleep i focus on my breathing which goes out of sync and then I start to panic like I can’t breathe, it’s horrific isn’t it! Defo a sign on anxiety not corona virus!

Every time I get a slight tickle in my throat as well I go into full blown panic 😩 so bad isn’t it!

I have also just read that the deaths in the midlands have overtook London! 😩 and I’m from the midlands!! Panic attack imminent.......🙈

Yeah i know what you mean mate, it’s tricky because there still a load of other viruses knocking about, it’s just because the hype around this one any little symptom we are getting we are in a full blown panic! And we can’t tell the difference between real symptoms or symptoms of anxiety!! Shortness of breath is one of the main anxiety symptoms so it’s tricky!

I hope you feel better soon as well mate, it’s just a tricky situation at the moment and once we come out the other side I think a lot of our anxieties will disappear as this is Our worst nightmare with health anxiety, if we can get through this then we can face anything in regards to health anxiety!

I’m certain you will be fine and I believe your definitely showing symptoms of anxiety more so than the virus, from what I gather, the shortness of breath comes after a really bad cough, the cough makes you short of breath as you develop pneumonia, Yours doesn’t sound like that at all, it sounds like your chest tightness is coming from tension from being so anxious! Hope that helps you but I know it’s hard as your mind won’t allow you to believe it, your mind will tell you the worst case scenario!

Page 340 of 384 FirstFirst ... 240290330338339340341342350 ... LastLast

Thread Information