Page 345 of 384 FirstFirst ... 245295335343344345346347355 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,450 of 3831

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Most people would put aside political leanings at this stage. BJ continued to work relentlessly throughout his illness and is probably now paying the price for devotion to his job. He'll have a dedicated team of doctors looking after him but so he should. It would be truly shocking if he were to die from CV but it's not unthinkable by any means. I'm just hoping he pulls through because whatever you think of him, he's a human being who has family and loved ones too who need him to recover. As does anyone in Intensive Care of lesser profile than BJ.
    Absolutely, political orientation has no bearing on a situation where a human being is facing the ultimate struggle. Wishing him the very best and everyone else fighting this awful virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    Very true, stress can hugely impact on your bodies immune response.
    Crikey that's most of this website finished then.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Crikey that's most of this website finished then.
    Well that’s a bit of a large generalisation despite my panic disorder knocking me sideways for the last six months I have boosted my immune system as initially I was picking up respiratory tract infections right left and centre had a continuous outbreak of cold sores so bad I was put on antivirals for five doses at the hospital! But now my immune system is pretty good and I shook off a terrible nasty cold in January within four days. My downside is I am a light smoker (6 a day) and I am overweight! But I am active and pretty healthy otherwise despite mild asthma only when I am very ill like three years ago was last when I was prescribed inhalers and steroids when I had flu.

Boris on the other hand probably has a weakens immune system on the back of Election campaign, brexit, a divorce, a new pregnancy and an engagement not to mention all the other charades in government and politics for the last two years he’s been putting up with a lot! I haven’t been a huge fan of his political career and I was much more in favour of him as mayor of London! However I have been quite distressed to hear of his deterioration this evening and have a lot of sympathy for him and his loved ones right now.

We will see what happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw an article about someone who died from COVID-19 complications, who had previously downplayed the virus and called it mass hysteria, now I'm scared that those who downplay it will die? Because I've just been trying to stay rational and have probably downplayed it a little more than I should have

I'm pretty weird when it comes to these 'magical thinking' instances, like for example I'm scared to talk against cancer in case like the cancer sees that and then strikes me. And I'm scared to say "I hope you die", even as a joke or whatever, in case they actually do die because of me...

I'm pretty scared now :(

That’s just your anxiety Toby catastrophising. Still, it’s not a nice thing to say even as a joke.

Update: so the nurse who took care of my great uncle before he died is out of the ICU and on the mend . My uncle and aunt, while testing positive, have had mild symptoms and have gotten to stay out of the hospital. Whew. Burial on Thursday.

That's so good to hear, Vee!

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Update: so the nurse who took care of my great uncle before he died is out of the ICU and on the mend . My uncle and aunt, while testing positive, have had mild symptoms and have gotten to stay out of the hospital. Whew. Burial on Thursday.
    That's a positive!

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    That’s just your anxiety Toby catastrophising. Still, it’s not a nice thing to say even as a joke.
    I mean we've all said things like that when angry at siblings etc but not often

I know it's catastrophising but now I feel like I'm doomed to get it

Very good news, Vee-you must be so relieved.

All the very best for Thursday.

Page 345 of 384 FirstFirst ... 245295335343344345346347355 ... LastLast

Thread Information