Page 85 of 384 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    But could Singapore's number of infected be due to its very high population density? Lots of speculation I know.

PanickyGuy, thank you. Maybe change your username to 'RationalGuy'?
    Singapore is the "temperature" outlier at the moment but you bring in a good point that can counter that argument. The truth is we just don't know yet what summer would bring. We also don't know yet if the small outbreaks in Korea and Japan will turn into bigger ones.

One thing is certain, that in tightly packed places like Wuhan and the cruise ship, the virus can spread quickly and easily, but that could be said about any virus.

They're also working on a vaccine, in rapid fashion. While everyone was freaking out about South Korea yesterday, it also was announced that scientists discovered the protein in the body that the virus uses to take its effect, and that knowing that it will be easier to make vaccines and/or treatments.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

We've forgotten all about coronavirus now and my daughter realises how she badly she was overreacting to media scaremongering.

Trouble is - its top news on the Beeb again.

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    Terry maybe you should switch to bagged carrots?
    And remember to be nice to farm staff so they don't play bag the chocolate carrot either

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Trouble is - its top news on the Beeb again.
    Is it? I'm sure we'll all survive.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Is it? I'm sure we'll all survive.
    Beaten into second place on my news feed by the not quite royals in the latest Megxit development. Oops all the branded mugs will need changing now Harry takes a step towards outliving his usefulness

I got news outlets what no other folk here got 😎

If some folk can do the math for me

2345 croaked in China as a now
    76,000 infections

As % ? Well under 3% in China where it's worst and you gotta figure the infections are higher any roads cozza the nice round figure theys gave it
    Last edited by lebonvin; 22-02-20 at 02:09.

Quote Originally Posted by lebonvin View Post
    I got news outlets what no other folk here got 😎

If some folk can do the math for me

2345 croaked in China as a now
    76,000 infections

As % ? Well under 3% in China where it's worst and you gotta figure the infections are higher any roads cozza the nice round figure theys gave it
    Didn't they also say they stopped counting cases too so the mortality rate (and recovery rate) will be too high (too low for the recovery rate)?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Didn't they also say they stopped counting cases too so the mortality rate (and recovery rate) will be too high (too low for the recovery rate)?
    Es corretto

Number of cases dropping, recovery rate up

I never knew that WHO relied on donations same as any charity

Some rich countries not payin there way I guess coz they think they don't got a problem

Just read an interestin article about bats n cigarettes. Actually I couldn't understand half the words but the gist is that they reckon bats caused ebola and this new Covid gig.

Bats is weird critters n they got a lotta them, 1000 species. Their different to other critters coz they collect viruses instead of repulsing them, then pass on to humans and other critters. This been going on since Abraham n will continue. Puli n Carys said the same. Our ancestors never had meds but developed immunity any roads n viruus dissappeared.

So now theys reckon that SMOKING lowers immunity n makes the lungs invite in coronaviruses. I know this is true coz 2 year ago the schmuck I share with got TB n I got jack shit. You gotta wonder how many deceased was smokers but I doubt they got that info.

This Covid is pretty sure to disappear without trace same as SARS and mers. Just ride the wave. Then we can focus on Meggers and Harry. A dude gotta be mighty dumb to marry a woman like her. You'd of thought queeny would of hauled in Meg's ex and got him to talk some sense into her grandson. Marrying a divorced folk is risky business.
    Last edited by lebonvin; 23-02-20 at 01:53.

Page 85 of 384 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast

Thread Information