Page 84 of 384 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

Quote Originally Posted by Panicattacka View Post
    I'm sorry, but that is just f'kn disgusting and so selfish. People like that are public health hazards and they should be called on it too.
    Yes, I agree. He was a bit of a nightmare boss too. Our work toilets had many weird people from standing on toilet seats to blocking them. Many of us felt sorry for the cleaners having to deal with idiots like this.

If I went to any city centre club or busy pub I bet you most guys walk out without washing their hands. They certainly did when I was a bit younger and drinking in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    As a matter of fact I was in one yesterday and there's a guy in there who just finished his business and walked out the door and he worked in the grocery store I was in. I wasn't sure which one it was because they all had uniforms on but if I knew I would have gone up to him and said next time wash your hands pal.
    I think I would be changing stores too just in case he started sticking all the cucumbers up his bum knowing I would be coming in later for one

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    By the way how does one leave a public restroom? Do you just grab the handle? Do you use a wipe or paper towel? Do you wait for somebody else to come in and then leave while the door is open? What is your method?
    oh how I wish all doors were either automatic or push doors so you can just kick them open! I use a tissue/paper towel or my sleeve.

Yeah but a pub restroom at the end of a busy night is almost a death sentence!

Terry maybe you should switch to bagged carrots?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I zip up the fly on my hazmat suit, open the door and leave.

I remember once many years ago the site boss (my future boss) coming out of the stalls and just leaving without washing his hands. I walked back into the office and there he was shaking hands with someone
    LOL Terry!! Now if we all had a hazmat suit this virus would quickly die out.

OK I'd like to raise a point that hasn't been discussed on this thread as far as I know, and that's over whether this virus is going to turn out to be seasonal i.e a winter virus. One virologist suggested it may follow the pattern of coronaviruses in preferring darker months and low temps, like the common cold and influenza. Though he said that in a private conversation with business leaders apparently and doesn't want to be quoted. Of course the experts can't assume that it will.

What prompted me to bring up this issue was when I saw Iran had some cases. I panicked thinking Iran is the middle east where its hot. However on closer inspection, at this time of year it isn't hot at all. Ditto China (Wuhan region), South Korea, Japan. By contrast Australia is having its summer with very few cases of nCoV, New Zealand doesn't have any neither has the South American countries, at least not reported anyway.

Any thoughts or am I clutching at straws? I suppose that I'm hoping summer will peg it back and provide more time for a vaccine to be developed. In the meantime I've now got rashes on the backs of my hands through excessive hand washing/alcohol rub.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    LOL Terry!! Now if we all had a hazmat suit this virus would quickly die out.

OK I'd like to raise a point that hasn't been discussed on this thread as far as I know, and that's over whether this virus is going to turn out to be seasonal i.e a winter virus. One virologist suggested it may follow the pattern of coronaviruses in preferring darker months and low temps, like the common cold and influenza. Though he said that in a private conversation with business leaders apparently and doesn't want to be quoted. Of course the experts can't assume that it will.

What prompted me to bring up this issue was when I saw Iran had some cases. I panicked thinking Iran is the middle east where its hot. However on closer inspection, at this time of year it isn't hot at all. Ditto China (Wuhan region), South Korea, Japan. By contrast Australia is having its summer with very few cases of nCoV, New Zealand doesn't have any neither has the South American countries, at least not reported anyway.

Any thoughts or am I clutching at straws? I suppose that I'm hoping summer will peg it back and provide more time for a vaccine to be developed. In the meantime I've now got rashes on the backs of my hands through excessive hand washing/alcohol rub.
    I am also desperately hoping this is true, but the case of Singapore I'm afraid doesn't support the theory. As the old saying goes, Singapore has basically 2 seasons: Hot and Humid, and Bloody Hot and Humid. Despite that, they have a high number of cases. I hope it's just an anomaly though and that the Northern Hemisphere Spring/Summer will slow this f'kin disease down.

I am also desperately hoping this is true, but the case of Singapore I'm afraid doesn't support the theory. As the old saying goes, Singapore has basically 2 seasons: Hot and Humid, and Bloody Hot and Humid. Despite that, they have a high number of cases. I hope it's just an anomaly though and that the Northern Hemisphere Spring/Summer will slow this f'kin disease down.
    You are worrying over nothing, man. The numbers say different. We haven't even reached 100,000 infected (77,253 according to the stats) yet, out of 7 and half billion people all over the world. If it was really, really bad as in "OMG! It's the end of the world ya'll!" we would be close to or in the millions infected by now. And the number of people recovering (18,909 according to the stats) from this virus is catching up fast with number of people currently infected. The number of actual deaths (2,250 according to the stats) so far from this virus, during the past 3 months, is just a drop in the bucket. So let it go, man. Let it go. Worry about something else if you have to.

But could Singapore's number of infected be due to its very high population density? Lots of speculation I know.

PanickyGuy, thank you. Maybe change your username to 'RationalGuy'?

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    PanickyGuy, thank you. Maybe change your username to 'RationalGuy'?
    Lol. I wish. Not quite there yet. I just don't post my other health concerns here on this website.

Page 84 of 384 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast

Thread Information