Page 121 of 384 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 3831

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

Why can't we just have some news of those who have recovered from coronavirus or is this not on the media's agenda? Probably not exciting enough.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I spend all day worrying over this. I hate the idea of going to work being in a shop I am around lots of people I would rather self isolate and stay safe
    You would hate being inside your house all the time though..You would soon find plenty of replacement worries and unless you are contemplating solitary confinement, your wife would be a threat.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Why can't we just have some news of those who have recovered from coronavirus or is this not on the media's agenda? Probably not exciting enough.
    The media reported that one of the makeshift hospitals built in China closed as cases decrease and people are recovering.

From the article: China's recorded just 202 new cases since yesterday, the lowest infected total since Jan. 22, according to Reuters. Wuhan had 193 of those cases, its lowest total since Jan. 26.

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 02-03-20 at 14:13.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I agree with things said above about this being 'just another of those viruses' (some of the common cold viruses are also Coronavirus types apparently), the problem with this one is that at the moment there is no vaccine for those who usually have and need flu vaccines. The number of those vulnerable people who can be 'kept safe' whilst they work on that is very important, buying time is critical.

Simmer down Charlie ey, no need for such aggression when people don't agree with you or like what you are saying, 'getting riled' is an acceptable response to some of things you are saying.

Oh God

So many more new cases in the U.K.

My whole body is aching from fear, I can't focus on anything

I am very scared as well. I don’t live far from a known case. I also know I’m not a good barometer when it comes to health issues so I’m doing what I can to stay calm.

My child has respiratory issues although mild so I’m truly hoping that won’t be an issue. My main concern is someone getting it at my child’s school and exposing others. I am very worried for my parent who has COPD and another serious lung issue. A cold is dangerous to my parent, so this is quite concerning.

Just trying to breathe, not watch the news, and gather information once per day from reliable sources. It also helps me to come on here although I skim the posts that feel more panicky. I just really hope those are right who say this will pass and become just another germ we deal with and that my loved ones and I are ok.

Re: Coronavirus in numbers/facts (COVID-19)

Remember this thread is for FACTS only, any 'what if' or worried comments will be moved!

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Quote Originally Posted by jules321 View Post
    I am very scared as well. I don’t live far from a known case. I also know I’m not a good barometer when it comes to health issues so I’m doing what I can to stay calm.

My child has respiratory issues although mild so I’m truly hoping that won’t be an issue. My main concern is someone getting it at my child’s school and exposing others. I am very worried for my parent who has COPD and another serious lung issue. A cold is dangerous to my parent, so this is quite concerning.

Just trying to breathe, not watch the news, and gather information once per day from reliable sources. It also helps me to come on here although I skim the posts that feel more panicky. I just really hope those are right who say this will pass and become just another germ we deal with and that my loved ones and I are ok.
    Jules, I can understand that fear and I think your reasoning behind that is warranted, given the health conditions in your family. BUT, as far as your child, this virus, for reasons unknown, is really not an issue for children. There have been no deaths for 0-9 age range which is really spectacular when you consider children. Even moving to the next age bracket, which includes young adults, it is extremely, extremely low. H1N1 was an unusual pandemic because it was harming younger people which was incredibly scary.

What is especially scary, and what really ramps up people who live with anxiety is the unknown of the whole thing. It is a "novel" virus, what numbers are really accurate, where did it come from, etc. I decided to research what was happening during H1N1 (when I did not have health anxiety) and it was SO similar. I am not comparing numbers per se, but just the reaction. Companies telling employees to stay home, schools were shuttered across the country every single month of 2009 except toward the end of the year, travel restrictions (into the U.S. by other countries no less), and it became a pandemic in lightening speed. They finally got a vaccine toward the end of the year, but it was rough. This, of course, was before social media really set off. Last night I decided that I was only going to look on reuters or bbc, and only once per day. I took all news alerts off my phone and today took a nice long walk, listening to an engaging audiobook. I was doing my health no favors by constantly looking for updates and gauging the numbers.

There is a programme on BBC1 tonight at 7.30 called "Coronavirus: Everything you need to know"

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hey guys I was feeling fine with all this coronavirus thing and was doing my best to be rational but here it is, we have two confirmed cases here in Portugal, and 80 suspect cases, now I'm freaking out, the reason is, my dad mom and sister have asthma, I still wasn't diagnosed and didn't show any major signs of having it, I also quit smoking in the begining of the year, I'm 23 yo female, what if I get it and I die, or my family as they have asthma and I may have it too, I'm really scared, can someone show me some reason on this? Am I overreacting?

Page 121 of 384 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171221 ... LastLast

Thread Information