Page 129 of 384 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179229 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 3831

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

I think you are doing the right thing too Jules, 100 percent. As it happens it doesnt appear children are catching this virus anyway, but obviously could be carriers and in the event it does become a community illness then as Groundhog says, schools will be closed to limit the spread. I think your friend is making a poor choice, and the child is definitely scared and crying because of her response and fears.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    I think you are doing the right thing too Jules, 100 percent. As it happens it doesnt appear children are catching this virus anyway, but obviously could be carriers and in the event it does become a community illness then as Groundhog says, schools will be closed to limit the spread. I think your friend is making a poor choice, and the child is definitely scared and crying because of her response and fears.
    Not long ago it was people running into schools with automatic weapons in the US. Some manufacturers even profited by making special shield bags. Now it's a virus.

It's the same mentality as the panic buyer.

On the subject of schools and gun crime Lencoboy will have spotted how our media used to go ape shit about these events and now they barely cover them. As bad as it sounds, and people still offer their condolences, how many of us now shrug because it's just America again? And the media will just slide it back a page knowing it's not a big draw anymore. So many of these shootings were prime time reporting to never be heard of again days later unless you scour the sites to see what happened weeks later or for info on trials. The BBC being as guilty too on this particular issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post

The mainstream media is hyping the virus to harm president Trump during an election year. They're hoping they can use the virus to slow the booming economy and make as if the administration isn't doing much and really doesn't care. It won't work.
    Trump's doing plenty to look foolish all on his own, like asking pharma companies and health officials if the flu shot was sufficient to protect against coronavirus yesterday, or putting a politician (Pence) in charge of the containment effort.

The market troubles are not because of the media (I agree the media is fearmongering). Travel and hospitality and associated businesses are taking a huge hit. Factory production in China slowed to a standstill and is still in the process of coming back. These are real factors that investors take into account.

Oh...and they're also scared of Bernie winning. I support Sanders but it will result in a short term market slowing if he wins. It will be worth it.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Thanks all. I appreciate the support and hearing about your own approaches maintaining normalcy. It's an interesting experience to see my friend acting from fear (which is usually my end game), and it's actually giving me a stronger sense of calm. I also think I have moved my line in the sand from "omg must do whatever it takes not to get this" to "this germ is likely here to stay so we will need to live with it, and we will be ok if we get it."

From Dr. Bruce Aylward, head of the WHO mission to China:

Panic and hysteria are not appropriate. This is a disease that is in the cases and their close contacts. It’s not a hidden enemy lurking behind bushes. Get organized, get educated, and get working."

Quote Originally Posted by jray23 View Post
    There might be some truth to the temperature theory. (my temps in F, sorry rest of world)

Japan warmer than Korea (50s), not out of control.

Coastal Chinese cities in the 60s, less cases than the interior, which is still in 50s and was colder earlier. Hong Kong, 60s and 70s, with its massive population density, relatively unscathed.

Places like Australia, Singapore, Taiwan, Phillippines, virus is well under control relatively speaking.

Iran, in Tehran and Qom, currently just above freezing temps.

Italy, much worse breakout in the north than the south.

Cases gaining rapidly in Germany, France, US, which still just barely getting rolling into spring.

Very isolated cases in Africa and South America.

Hopefully this is the case and many places start seeing relief as the sun comes out and temps rise. Then the race is on to get treatments before next winter (and sooner for those in the Southern Hemisphere)

Thank you jray, I've believed this to be the case for a while. Though with a case in my county today, will spring come too late?

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Thank you jray, I've believed this to be the case for a while. Though with a case in my county today, will spring come too late?
    I'm sorry to hear it's in your county now. Have schools or businesses shut down b/c of it? Hopefully it will only be a single case.

Very interesting Jray !

Quote Originally Posted by venusbluejeans View Post
    as I have done with mosquitos This is Corvid19..... when you think of the word..... think of us... we aren't scary

They are fabulous!

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Not long ago it was people running into schools with automatic weapons in the US. Some manufacturers even profited by making special shield bags. Now it's a virus.

It's the same mentality as the panic buyer.

On the subject of schools and gun crime Lencoboy will have spotted how our media used to go ape shit about these events and now they barely cover them. As bad as it sounds, and people still offer their condolences, how many of us now shrug because it's just America again? And the media will just slide it back a page knowing it's not a big draw anymore. So many of these shootings were prime time reporting to never be heard of again days later unless you scour the sites to see what happened weeks later or for info on trials. The BBC being as guilty too on this particular issue.
    Well at first, there might have been another reason why headline shootings in the U.K. and the U.S. are not so much in the limelight anymore. Last year, after the senseless shootings escalated to a weekly news headline grab, the government stepped in a went after every person who made online threats. Arrested them for making terroristic threats and confiscated all their guns. On top that, states started passing Red Flag laws and some states are currently still trying to pass Red Flag laws that don't have them yet.

Well, after the government and states started doing that, the random senseless shootings just about came to a standstill, not completely of course because there is always that one guy every once in a while, that doesn't say anything to anbody and just walks into a place and start shooting, but regardless it made a huge difference in the months after that. They arrested a ton of people and they're still doing it. Now the media noticed this lack of random shootings, and so out of desperation to keep the gun violence debate and the "Another Shooting" headlines going, they started reporting gang shootings instead; which they hardly ever bothered to report before. I mean who cares about gang members/criminals taking each other out? Well the media did, only they twist the truth a little bit and the headlines so that people will think random senseless shootings are still escalating. Oddly enough, by December of last year, even the gang shootings started to fade away, either that or the media finally noticed the public didn't give a rat's ass about criminals killing each other. So it seems they stop reporting it.

They do however still report the random senseless shootings that happen over here every once in a great while, but now like you mentioned, the limelight is now on Corvid 19 and our current Democrat elections. We had a senseless shooting last week and they reported it, but with about the same amount of coverage or gusto they reported senseless shootings that happened in the past few months in other countries. It was like; Oh yeah a shooting happened today people, but hey - what about Corvid 19, Trump, and the elections?

Personally, I get sick and tired of a majority of our media turning things political. It's ridiculous!

Page 129 of 384 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179229 ... LastLast

Thread Information