Page 13 of 384 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

I didn't know about this either, hopefully it will be flu.

I just read about the Birmingham guy. Says he'd been feeling unwell since December, but not particularly unwell. That's what I've said about this flu I've got and I've said in other posts even up to two weeks ago where I said I was feeling like I had some flu.

Imagine if. I'd be the first case of an agoraphobic with this flu. I reckon people have been carrying it for a while and we're going to see it pop up all over the place.

What's the mean age of death? Is it the old and vulnerable?

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    I just read about the Birmingham guy. Says he'd been feeling unwell since December, but not particularly unwell. That's what I've said about this flu I've got and I've said in other posts even up to two weeks ago where I said I was feeling like I had some flu.

Imagine if. I'd be the first case of an agoraphobic with this flu. I reckon people have been carrying it for a while and we're going to see it pop up all over the place.

What's the mean age of death? Is it the old and vulnerable?
    yes, mostly
    it's looking more and more likely that the elderly, people with pre-existing heart/lung conditions, and basically anyone who's immunocompromised are the most in danger, but the flu would pretty much be the same red alert level, really
    it's more likely you've got the regular ol' flu. just keep pushing fluids and getting rest, and if you get worse, go see a doc.

was there someone in birmingham who was confirmed? or is he getting tested and is unconfirmed?

it's more likely you've got the regular ol' flu
    I'd say it was a certainty !

Quote Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
    Nope - just my apartment. The fact is I've been reading as little news as possible, because so much of it points to doomsday.
    That's good, Frank. You need a break from your triggers.

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    I'm in Birmingham. I've got some mad flu. Doesn't feel like a normal flu. Seems to be creeping up slowly and getting worse. Making me very sleepy too. If that's you Coronavirus, my CNS is ready for you. Let's go

I don't even panic about this stuff. If my number is up, it's up. It is what it is.
    Well according to PanickyGuy…

Quote Originally Posted by PanickyGuy View Post
    Naw. So far it doesn't seem to spread or transfer by surface. Only by mouth into open air.

And since my mum has just had a cold for the last few days I would like to know what your mouths were doing so close to both get it?!!!

My mum's elderly yet she didn't worry about this virus and she's fine now. Another one chalked up for the 99.99% the media never talk about

Quote Originally Posted by lanerbanana View Post
    was there someone in birmingham who was confirmed? or is he getting tested and is unconfirmed?
    I'm thinking this to be a major overreaction to be honest. He says he came back on New Year's Eve with it and was really ill. He went to see his GP about an unrelated matter 27th January and the GP asked if he has been to China (he had). He was sent home and they visited him to take him to hospital isolation.

A really bad flu that he suffered that long and then only visited his GP for something else a month later? That doesn't sound right to me. Besides, that's a whole month potentially coughing on the public and yet no one in the UK has got it. It sounds like something posted in a thread on the HA board!

It sounds like something posted in a thread on the HA board!
    Aye So during this unrelated matter the GP just happened to ask if he'd been to China, for no reason at all?

Like, he went about his ingrown toe-nail and the GP randomly said 'HAVE YOU BEEN TO CHINA?'

You know what though, if he does test positive for it and was in the UK from 31st December - and been back working and living normal life (apparently) its hardly making a rampant move through the population. I think this one has made the news because some kind neighbour filmed it and put it online, whereas the other 100 people who have been tested in the UK have been a quiet affair. Very good of said neighbour to take part in shi**ing up the community LOL
    Last edited by Carys; 28-01-20 at 19:26.

Page 13 of 384 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread Information