Page 134 of 384 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184234 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 3831

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

Seen a post online saying the virus may never go away it may stick around like seasonal flu?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Seen a post online saying the virus may never go away it may stick around like seasonal flu?
    Don't believe everything you read on the internet, phil
    Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
    Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
    Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)

Quote Originally Posted by whispershadow View Post
    Don't believe everything you read on the internet, phil
    I read it spread round one county in the UK today not sure if it was true. Read about a vaccine by April but won’t be ready in uk until December

Just stop reading about it, Phil.

I've to head to the shop today to get essentials, so once again, I had panic attacks all last night, all because I've to go out today to get groceries. Its non-stop on the news morning, noon and night, so this is very hard to avoid in topic or take lightly when the media here is very frightening. Again, I'm going to take the necessary precautions. Ordered our Friday groceries to be delivered to our door tomorrow evening, and as I go out today, once again I'll have those disaposable gloves on underneath my normal gloves, don't have anything to cover my face, other than a large scarf, but I also won't be in contact with anyone, nor in close proximity, as when I shop, I dash shop quickly as I usually don't have time to daddle anyway.

When using the self serve, I'll have my gloves on anyway, but I'll be paying with my card (thankfully theirs this new way where you only need put your card up to the screen and it scans it instantly, so no contact needed really). I'll probably need petrol, so I'll use some kitchen towel I have in my car, and other than that I don't know what other precautions I can take?

My dad is staying at home, as I would prefer he takes no unnecessary journeys, I'll do them. My mum comes with me in the car, but she waits in the car, as she is a little worried with her immune system at the moment, and with no one really heeding basic hygiene things, I would prefer she stay safe.

At the back, I'm still worried going into shops but I'm not in contact with anyone, I don't stand near anyone, I avoid contact at all costs right now, and just get what I need and leave. I always wash my hands before and after I leave the house and return. We also wash down all the door handles as well, so we're doing our best to keep safe, as best we can.

I don't understand why various people on this thread, knowing that they get massively upset by the constant news stream about this virus, are still partaking in reading and listening to the rolling news stream about this virus ?! Really, its been said so many times on this thread, limit your news intake massively and stick to reputable sources, otherwise you can only blame yourself for your distress.

Well Mischa, I know you are scared, but those measures aren't really 'necessary precautions', they are quite excessive in my opinion. However, thats of course just my opinion - don't let fear make you a prisoner.
    Last edited by Carys; 04-03-20 at 10:59.

I hear flights are running half empty with no shows. Perhaps I may have to can my holiday since nobody is travelling?

Phil, when is your holiday actually ? Why is your primary (and seemingly only) concern your holiday in this whole scenario ?

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    I don't understand why various people on this thread, knowing that they get massively upset by the constant news stream about this virus, are still partaking in reading and listening to the constant news stream about this virus ?! Really, its been said so many times on this thread, limit your news intake massively and stick to reputable sources, otherwise you can only blame yourself for your distress.

Well Mischa, I know you are scared, but those measures aren't really 'necessary precautions', they are quite excessive in my opinion. However, thats of course just my opinion - don't let fear make you a prisoner.
    Well, thank you, they may feel and be a bit excessive, but its not for me, it is all to protect my parents, their all I have, and if I look like a fool, I'm not bothered by that, as long as their safe is the main thing. I don't take offense by anyone seeing it that way, I just do the best I can really.

I've reduced my viewing of this on media and tv, but its still pretty much everywhere, and everyone wants to talk about it, so I can only limit to a certain degree, but I don't take what individuals are saying as the truth, I take what the professionals are saying and go from there as we go on. I'm not stress free from it, but I'm not letting it consume my entire day and night and life.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Phil, when is your holiday actually ? Why is your primary (and seemingly only) concern your holiday in this whole scenario ?
    It’s the last week of April. I read about people not going on holiday my wife is very angry at the idea of losing 1 thousand pounds but I am more cautious about health..

Page 134 of 384 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184234 ... LastLast

Thread Information