Page 139 of 384 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189239 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 3831

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    Should I get seen because of the sore throat? What do I do? Where do I go?
    No. If you start developing respiratory symptoms, call your doctor for advice. It is still cold and flu season after all.

I do have cold sores too

I know cold sores aren't a symptom of coronavirus

but can a sore throat and cold sore be linked? or are the cold sores unrelated to a potential throat cold

Does it matter? These are all tiny, trivial things.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    I know, but if it is coronavirus, I don't want to pass it on
    Toby, how many people get colds, flus, and other illnesses vs. how many people so far have coronavirus?

This is the kind of thing that WHO is talking about when they say fear is a greater threat than the virus.

We all should use reasonable cautions: Wash hands with soap for twenty seconds. Stay home when feeling sick. Cover your mouth with your arm/elbow when coughing or sneezing. Wash hands again. Don't fly to Wuhan or Daegu. And wash your hands again. If you work in a place with lots of people touching things, maybe wear gloves. Buy some supplies. Wash hands again. Otherwise get on with our lives.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Jray, you should be a permanent 'keeper' of this thread - awesome posts. Great few from Groundhog too. (The two people I was hoping would come and answer the question from Charlie)

Quote Originally Posted by travelgirl77 View Post
    How on earth does the diamond princess still have that many active cases? Hasn't it been a month now since the first quarantine? I have a love/hate relationship with that site.
    That ship will prob be scarped I seen a post on twitter saying the aircraft they used to take people home have been dismantled.

I'd put a massive humungous amount of money on this being a COLD you have Toby !

I feel REALLY sorry for those Diamond Princess passengers, it must have just been spreading through there anyway I reckon and they must feel/felt so trapped and scared.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    That ship will prob be scarped I seen a post on twitter saying the aircraft they used to take people home have been dismantled.
    The Diamond Princess (cruise ship) is taking bookings from April The virus is very easily killed with very simple disinfectant. No need for extreme measures

Good afternoon, Lenco here.

I personally believe that Toby's symptoms could possibly be allergies caused by certain flowers (eg daffodils), plants and general foliage starting to come into bud right now and could possibly confused with certain symptoms typical of Coronavirus. I am currently feeling a bit sinusy and a bit of a headache, which I often get this time of year. Yesterday morning I was coughing a little bit but not so far today.

Yes, 85 total cases (73 active) and the sudden dramatic increase does seem a bit baffling at face value, and mostly since the end of last week as well! I have heard/read that the vast majority of recently confirmed cases here in the UK were picked up from N. Italy, plus a few other affected places around the world, and that there is a bit of a time-lag (approx. 14 days) for the virus to fully manifest itself, which kind of makes sense as many of those people affected must have visited those countries/places during the school half-term break. Another possible explanation for the sudden massive increase in confirmed 'active' cases of CV here in the UK may be that the testing centres for the virus have significantly increased over the past week or so, resulting in more speedy diagnoses during the same time period, hence the sudden rapid increase in 'positive' DXs. Another theory of mine is perhaps there may have already been 'undiagnosed' cases festering for some time before the virus had fully entered the public conscience, both in this country and the world over, though I could be wrong.

Personally, I have decided to just take all of this CV malarkey as it comes and not get too emotionally bogged down with it. Nevertheless, I still think the press in this country are an absolute disgrace though (even worse than certain politicians IMO) who don't appear to give a damn about the grave anxiety and confusion they are provoking amongst many of us with their insensitive, sensationalist, sometimes even BS headlines about CV (and many other unsettling issues over the past decade or so). All they probably do care about is all the dosh they make from it all. As ever, it's 'anything goes' as far as the press are concerned.

BTW, I confess not to being an expert on all of this myself and these are just my own personal views/opinions, which in turn, may not be fully correct, or even, completely incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Jray, you should be a permanent 'keeper' of this thread - awesome posts. Great few from Groundhog too. (The two people I was hoping would come and answer the question from Charlie)
    Thanks Carys. Because my job is planning a large international convention, at the moment still scheduled to take place in three weeks in Florida, I have to keep abreast of the developments all over the world, I can't hide from the news to quell anxiety which I believe most on here should. We've reached a "fever pitch" (pun intended!) at work as everyone is calling us to see what precautions we are taking, if the event will be cancelled, how attendees will be protected, etc. I haven't been able to get my regular work done at all this week. I'm having a discussion with someone about the virus every 15 minutes. I've had a great laugh with my therapist about the guy with health anxiety having to focus on a "scary mystery illness". One thing is certain, there are a lot of people who are overly concerned (and covid-19 does warrant some concern of course) and it isn't just limited to those of us with natural anxieties. The media has done a number on the world.

So I'm in a place where I am very tuned in to the facts, and hope I can help people here who may be nervous, although to a degree I am posting as much to keep myself grounded as for everyone else! I also think the reason I haven't gotten too worried about it is that 1) I'm armed with all the known facts available and 2) I am not viewing covid-19 as a high life risk (I'm 38), I tend to irrationally fear heart attacks, cancer, etc with my anxiety.

As for Charlie, sometimes I laugh and sometimes I cringe at what's being said, but that's up to Charlie and the mods as to what is appropriate or not.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Page 139 of 384 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189239 ... LastLast

Thread Information