Page 14 of 384 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Aye So during this unrelated matter the GP just happened to ask if he'd been to China, for no reason at all? Like, he went about his ingrown toe-nail and the GP randomly said 'HAVE YOU BEEN TO CHINA?' I think more like this person has panicked and believes they have this virus and told the GP they'd been to China etc etc.
    This is what he said:

"Once I got back I was really ill with, what I thought, was a bad case of the flu. At that stage coronavirus hadn't really been mentioned so I thought nothing of it.
    "However, when I went to the GP on Monday and he asked as a precaution if I had been to China, he seemed really concerned."I was sent home and before I knew it, ambulances and people in hazmat suits had turned up."I'm now in isolation at the QE and just waiting to get my blood test results."I don't feel particularly unwell now, but I've not been 100 per cent since returning from Wuhan."Since I got over the worst symptoms I've been back to work, shopping, just normal life."It's a really worrying time and not a nice experience."
    I wonder if they are busy rounding up everyone he has come into contact with in a month?

I think my money might be on a bloke had a cold in Winter.

I went to school with a Chinese guy who now works not far away in the family take away and has frequently flown back & forth, and even worked, in China for years. I'd better book an appointment in...

Perhaps 'could it be China?' will be replacing 'could it be cancer?' Not sure Stand Up To China will have the same ring to it though

(P.S. I bet they don't sort that guys ingrowing toe nail out either )

he asked as a precaution if I had been to China
    ...as you would, you know, maybe they should ask every person at reception before they even get to the doctor ! as a precaution LOLOLOL

Yeah, I went and read the article after a quick google, he's sending pictures from his hospital isolation unit and looking really quite cheerful, although he says
    It's a really worrying time and not a nice experience.
    - I would go as far as saying he's milking it !

Charlie made a point earlier and you've reiterated it now, this type of thing with the media stirred-up madness makes people view other races with fear. (I had a chinese take-away two weeks ago, am I ok ?)

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I'm glad that the group is manageable. I'm sure you felt better being away from news sources and media scaremongering. Remember that the aim is to whip up frenzy and panic to gain viewers/readers/listeners.
    Thank you Pulisa. I did feel good at the group, it should be the other way round? Yes this whole thing with the virus has got me not knowing what day it is. I think the internet plays a huge role in health anxiety and in fact anxiety period. Pre-internet China would have seemed such a long way off but the world shrinks online doesn't it.

____

...as you would, you know, maybe they should ask every person at reception before they even get to the doctor ! as a precaution LOLOLOL

It makes you wonder what symptoms the GP was picking up considering the guy says he went for something unrelated? And considering the overlap of coronavirus in terms of symptoms will GP's be asking everyone as you say? Blimey, they might have reconsider the notice in my surgery which says they don't want to see you for colds and to see a pharmacist instead. They will have to put *unless you have been to China recently.

Yeah, I went and read the article after a quick google, he's sending pictures from his hospital isolation unit and looking really quite cheerful, although he says - I would go as far as saying he's milking it !

Charlie made a point earlier and you've reiterated it now, this type of thing with the media stirred-up madness makes people view other races with fear. (I had a chinese take-away two weeks ago, am I ok ?)
    Yes, he's now famous. Dancing On Ice next year for him

That's true about what Charlie said. It's like how the press demonise a group and then the subconscious pops out a thought when you see one of the group in real life e.g. young black men, hoodies, etc. The racist types will just see it as an 'in' to abuse people too.

You've just reminded me, I had a Chinese meal on Saturday the 18th. Along with Mrs F, our son and his lady friend. So 10 days ago, we're all fine?

This is a bit naughty but gave me a welcome chuckle, those Danes have a sense of humour https://www.thelocal.dk/20200128/chi...on-flag-insult

You've just reminded me, I had a Chinese meal on Saturday the 18th. Along with Mrs F, our son and his lady friend. So 10 days ago, we're all fine?
    Did you have it in Wuhan ?

You have to learn to laugh about it, Fishman..and you are!

Are Chinese takeaways being surrounded and closed down in their hundreds due to random coronavirus spores infiltrating the ingredients..? Is it like a Salisbury incident? Are people in your town wearing masks? I expect it's business as usual everywhere? No official Government Health warnings either..

Thankfully not in Wuhan Carys, too many roasted snakes. It was a takeaway and I had to fight my way through all the 'spacemen' Pulisa.

And before this post gets taken down, I have nothing against Chinese people whom I think are lovely. The people running the takeaway have been there over 20 years.

Crikey I'm supposed to be panicking aren't I.

Thankfully not in Wuhan Carys
    ....then yeah, it s a foregone conclusion you can't have picked up the virus.

I feel incredibly deeply sorry for those people in Wuhan actually, stuck inside on lock-down and probably really worried. Spare a thought there, as what reason do you have to panic about it, really ? They are there living through the situation.
    Last edited by Carys; 28-01-20 at 21:35.

Very true Carys and I do of course feel great sympathy for them. I just hope this outbreak peaks as soon as possible but I fear it will be months before any kind of normality returns in China.

Page 14 of 384 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread Information