Page 148 of 384 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198248 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 3831

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I have regularly witnessed a few people I know not bother to wash their hands immediately after using the toilet (even after a number 2) and when I called them up on it they just got rude and touchy with me, and responded with remarks like 'Get stuffed!', 'You mind your own bloody business!' and 'How dare you tell me what to do and what not to do'. Totally unbelievable and uncalled for.
    even in hospitals some people dont wash their hands after going to the toilet
    Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
    Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
    Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    The WHO tells us.....

....to protect against the virus. They only said this as clearly there are people out there thinking that these anti-viral measures are plausible.

Aye always a silver lining.....

Terry - thats a good map, but I wonder how 'recovered' is classified, do you think its a certain period with no symptoms ? Just wondering as I bet there are loads more recovered than even listed on that map.
    The figures are coming from various sources including WHO hence will be whatever criteria they use for recovered.

But yes how many people recovered without reporting it in China is one consideration that people have raised earlier in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    So must therapists treating OCD contamination sufferers ....and potential future sufferers after all this has blown over
    Yes, you can see the ads now for post Coronavirus therapy just as we have for other things. Some therapists were even cashing in on Brexit this way which tells you about their morals.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I wonder whether this thread is helping anyone, to be honest?
    I agree. Where is the 100 page thread for a much deadlier virus we already have all over the UK right now? Why aren't people panic buying all that sanitizer for the flu?

There is lots of helpful information in this thread but I also question the promotion of certain things off the back of panic over this event. It's classic HAer and doesn't reflect much of the rest of the non anxious world. Those with OCD cycles need to be able to understand the difference between what is practical and what is obsessive and I feel that is being lost.

4 cases more cases just confirmed here in Ireland. Just a quick question: I have Hypothyroidism (on 50mcg Eltroxin), does that put me in the 'at risk' group? Also, my mum has mild asthma, she only takes it when she needs it, but she is on 150mg of Cosentyx injection a month now, she is 54, and wanted to know what risk she is at from this virus/thing whatever it is?

My dad has decided to stay in for a while, do his gardening, and try relax away from all this, and also because it puts my mind at ease with his age (73, has a heart condition after embolism to the brain 8 years ago). My mum is also deciding to stay in, unless its absolutely necessary, and when we walk the dogs very early in the mornings, outside the main town.

Yeah, just wanted to know if anyone knew if this stuff was in an 'at risk' group.

My mum is feeling very worried, I don't want to see her upset at all, all I want to do is keep them safe.
    Last edited by mischamoonlight; 04-03-20 at 21:36.

Where is the 100 page thread for a much deadlier virus we already have all over the UK right now? Why aren't people panic buying all that sanitizer for the flu?

Arrrghhhh don't mention the deadlier virus......we will need another thread for the standard flu. LOL I think people are more frightened as there is no vaccine for the at risk people currently, well, thats my thinking anyway.....and there is certainly a problem with inaccurate information, scaremongering and false stories doing the rounds. So, I suspect this is more challenging for HA people to deal with, along with the fact the government are making contingency plans.

Anyway, I don't know if its helping or not and am undecided, I was kinda hoping that people were perhaps learning to rationalise and picking up logical thinking skills from people like Jray and Groundhog, learning to limit their media intake, learning to assess information sources and read things with a bit more perspective etc etc but maybe thats not happening ? At least its helping NMP admin keeping everything in one place ;o)
    Last edited by Carys; 04-03-20 at 22:11.

My Dad hasn't been well these last 10 days or so, has been unsteady on his feet while feeling generally ill. We got the nurse out who did a urine test which showed no infection but a slight trace of blood. She ordered a blood test for which the results came back as abnormal. He's 90 and of course very much in the at-risk group for CV, though that seems the lesser threat now. We see the GP hopefully tomorrow so will find out what 'abnormal' signifies.

Like I've said before, I wouldn't be disappointed if social media was consigned to history tomorrow, but that ain't gonna happen!!

I hope we don’t loose this thread please don’t abuse this guys! Mods are doing their job we have to do ours!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Like I've said before, I wouldn't be disappointed if social media was consigned to history tomorrow, but that ain't gonna happen!!
    Amen to that. The 16th anniversary of Faecebook's launch coincided with World Cancer Day this year; how apt.

Page 148 of 384 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198248 ... LastLast

Thread Information