Page 171 of 384 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221271 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 3831

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

I'm sorry, my own anxieties and fears have led me to upset others.

Admin: Please delete all my posts on this thread.

Please stick to what Elen asked earlier and no scaremongering or posting links to anything that could be triggering for some.

We can do without some of the smart comments as well - you know who you are.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Carys thank you, that’s really helpful. I am trying not to read the news. I’m so pleased to see so many people have recovered.
    X

Coronavirus worries?

I think that source is reporting things incorrectly
    This is the current table of statistics on worldometers!!!
    This has just been updated as our gov website was updated in the U.K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Phoenixess; 08-03-20 at 15:41.

Coronavirus worries?

That map is wrong if I had more time on my hands I would report it to the telegraph for giving false information! If the stats were right then those who have been found to have coronavirus were recovered before their case were detected which is impossible!!! Hence why are they in isolation!

There is positive and utopian ..... god know what type of a hangover or drugs the person making that map is doing but I’m sure we would all like to be looking through those rose tinted frames! - gotta keep it real folks

Carys that is SO helpful. I read a triggering post on here right before bed last night, and it upset me all night. I do find this thread helpful overall. I try not to read the news.

We are in an area of US with a growing number of new cases and keep getting notifications from my doctor, child’s doctor, school, etc to expect a lot more cases so I’m in a constant state of jitters. Add to that my friends and family who keep texting me articles or updates (I actually had to ask one family member to stop), and it’s difficult to maintain a sense of calm.

From the few scientific articles I have read from virologists or epidemiologists, it sounds like CV will become just another annual germ we all have to contend with and may all get at some point (like the flu). Do others who are more informed than I am agree?

I’m now trying to go from “omg I must do whatever it takes not to get CV” to “well looks like CV is here to stay, and we will be okay if we get it.” The frightening part of course is for those who are at severe risk such as the elderly. My parent, who has serious lung issues and is never scared, called me yesterday and I heard true fear about CV which broke my heart. I’m hoping that after the panic crisis has passed that doctors will learn better methods of treating those with serious risk and medical fragility. I reminded my parent that the flu is also concerning for them but that they came through it just fine last year when they had the flu- no hospitalization was necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Wellllll, now I don't know what to do, if to delete my post, what is wrong, where its wrong.....but you are right of course if there are 40 odd new cases today then they can't all be recovered before even having it. Oh flippin eck
    It’s not your fault it’s the link Misleading public information

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixess View Post
    It’s not your fault it’s the link Misleading public information

You could edit with correct numbers it will be fine as others seem to get a lot from your posts and what you say is correct we don’t need to overly panic yet however the risk is a risk and the risk is continuing to escalate the more patients are diagnosed but staying realistic is the best way forward and if real stats are triggering for people we will support them through it. But facts are best that is what we need to focus on

I am really sorry guys, its kinda not my fault, but is my fault as I should have been bright enough to work out that the telegraph map and statistics were not correct. Someone at the Telegraph has entered the wrong info into the wrong categories, and it means my post from a short while ago was inaccurate, which I have now deleted. I have deleted following comments I wrote, and hope that Phoenix is willing to remove her posts too, So, there is no record of the inaccurate data and its not confusing for people. I'm sorry to those who were so positive about the stats I posted, and if its any consolation I reckon they are gonna be around the way they looked anyway. ;o)

(Right Phoenixes, I can see what they've done, on the telegraph - they have mixed up active cases, which are 253 with recovered cases which are 18. Someone has entered the wrong data in the wrong place)
    Last edited by Carys; 08-03-20 at 15:40.

Coronavirus in my county

Getting pretty worried the Coronavirus is in my county now first diagnosed case this morning. This virus seems to be spreading pretty fast I never would of thought it would of made it here.. I think the numbers are a lot worse than what they are saying too.

Page 171 of 384 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221271 ... LastLast

Thread Information