Page 178 of 384 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188228278 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 3831

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    It must be very difficult to keep track of who is posting what, Elen..

I'm glad to hear that we will now have a Government "Disinformation" crackdown.
    Hardly implementing it when a major leading newspaper have incorrect statistics in their website for over 12 hours and have subject millions of people who rely on newspaper websites to misleading and misquoted information.
    Maybe from now on people shouldn’t post links here or admin should make a trusted source on links in a sticky as it’s seems people are relying on this thread rather than going directly to the news. Ideally it would be good for people to use the correct informed sources on the internet. However I think the original poster of that post was perfectly aware a website called “wuhanflu” is somewhat untrustworthy the link should be deleted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it would be a great idea to keep "links" of any source off this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I think it would be a great idea to keep "links" of any source off this thread.
    Ditto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    So its not just me then, I've had to apply E45 cream every night before bed.

When washing hands, I sing my childhood version of 'happy birthday' which includes the line 'squashed bananas and stew'. Though I can't remember the other lines. Yes I know its immature...
    I remember the middle lines as

"Squashed tomatoes and stew
    Bread and butter in the gutter"

That's what I remember from 'Junior Choice'.

I never bothered growing up

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    I remember the middle lines as

"Squashed tomatoes and stew
    Bread and butter in the gutter"

That's what I remember from 'Junior Choice'.

I never bothered growing up
    Haha yes, that what I remember too, wonder if it's a regional thing? Growing up is hugely overrated

A weird side effect of this is people keep spouting out other stats of other things that kill you in an attempt to reassure themselves (not on here, irl). I've been told a stat today of how many people die a year of x (one one my triggers) as a reason no one should worry about covid. As in - no one worries about x and it kills lots of people in the uk. Haha thanks for that, will take me a couple of days to bring myself down off of that peak now :/

I hate statistics...They are just wheeled out as a reassurance mechanism in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by TheGroundhog View Post
    A weird side effect of this is people keep spouting out other stats of other things that kill you in an attempt to reassure themselves (not on here, irl). I've been told a stat today of how many people die a year of x (one one my triggers) as a reason no one should worry about covid. As in - no one worries about x and it kills lots of people in the uk. Haha thanks for that, will take me a couple of days to bring myself down off of that peak now :/
    Whilst it means other potential triggers for the HAer the point is that it highlights the nature of negative core beliefs, negative thinking and the biases in Cognitive Distortion. It's part of CBT to be able to challenge thoughts in this way.

For instance, without the statistics, how many people on this thread got in a motor vehicle without a thought this week yet are afraid of this virus? Which is more likely to seriously injure or kill you?

So which should you focus your attention on?

That's why people will do this because, done in the right way, it is to remind people to rationalise the risks.

I have loved this thread, but now it is difficult reading from those panicking in areas where there are no cases (or 1 or 2 in an entire state) when some of us live in areas of real concern re # of cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    You know, and I don't mean this rudely so I apologise if offense is caused, that isn't just what this thread is and should be about (and Toby should know this too !!!). It should be about people following advice and using the methods others are so admirably displaying (e.g. Groundhog, Terry, Pulisa, jray and many more) to combat and feed into calming their own anxious state! It has been advised so many times that people reduce their intake of media articles, avoid social media and not post triggering articles - yet, its still happening.

People aren't just here to 'reassure' others, some work needs to be done by those afore-mentioned others on their own behalf. What possible good can it be to be reading some half-substantiated autospy research on some 85 year old who died of Coronavirus ? How does this help you or anybody ? How much does anyone think that a handful of people can keep propping up the tide of fears ? Even if it does lead to lung fibrosis in some elderly people, whot can you even do about it ? We could be here all day every single day tackling global media reports with counter arguments, and in the meantime all those media reports are posted on this thread for those who are avoiding media cr*p to see them in their full glory (in Toby's case - with added massive font size and bold!).
    Agreed. Whilst this thread is for support it should not be about reassurance to the reassurance seeker. Some people are more severe in their anxiety disorder so may not be ready for the processes that take place in recovery but for others it does need to be about challenging thoughts, rationalizing, spotting where their thinking is going wrong (with the help of others, if necessary) and encouraging them to push on with their day.

In my opinion anyway. If this was the walk-in groups I used to attend the coordinators would be asking people questions to highlight this and what they could do. If it was my CBT therapist she would have been doing the same.

Also there is advice to panic buy in this thread and I disagree strongly with stocking up just in case. When everyone does this it causes big problems and we are starting to see them.

Page 178 of 384 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188228278 ... LastLast

Thread Information