Page 198 of 384 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208248298 ... LastLast
Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 3831

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixess View Post
    i am trying not to react differently now it is called a pandemic just merely it is an epidemic and has effected more people in different places. However when there were more active cases in china and in the world as a whole they didn't call it a pandemic it was still called an epidemic
    How is your dissertation going? Are you getting much work done or are you too distracted by cv research?

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    There are times I give serious thought to selling my smartphone and buying a Nokia 105.
    I've got an Alcatel One Touch...cheap as chips but gloriously effective at making phone calls and texting. Why would I need more? I don't want to be controlled by the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I've got an Alcatel One Touch...cheap as chips but gloriously effective at making phone calls and texting. Why would I need more? I don't want to be controlled by the internet.

Testify! Just wish I had the balls to do the same thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    There are times I give serious thought to selling my smartphone and buying a Nokia 105.
    I have a Nokia Lumia, I keep it upstairs as an alarm clock.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    All of this ice cream talk is really making me laugh!!

According to Wikipedia, the UK has now slipped to 14th place in the world rankings for being worst hit by CV. The day before yesterday we were 12th.

I'm sure I read somewhere online yesterday (could have been the BBC website but can't remember exactly) that CV is expected to plateau in this country over the next week or two and then maybe (but certainly not definitely) start to tail off. I'm pretty sure there has been talk of even Italy's new confirmed cases now starting to slow down, even though again, I could be totally wrong.
    The media are going to be dreadfully disappointed if this happens.

Those old Alcatels were excellent against muggers too. They won't want it so hand over your dosh then lob it at the back of their head as they are legging it...Crocodile Dundee style

Sad to report a trip to a different local Tesco has revealed empty pasta and toilet roll aisles. Could be an IBS outbreak I suppose...

I bet limiting certain items means an initial rush of those thinking they had better stock up before the previous idiots come back to clear the shelves.

How is your dissertation going? Are you getting much work done or are you too distracted by cv research?
    My dissertation going great thanks my tutor said I am ahead of most people considering my mum has a life threatening health condition as well I’m doing alright with it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dc1980 View Post
    Testify! Just wish I had the balls to do the same thing!
    Why not? Join the revolution and revolt against the Smartphone Dictatorship? Don't be held hostage to a small slab of technology?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Sad to report a trip to a different local Tesco has revealed empty pasta and toilet roll aisles. Could be an IBS outbreak I suppose...

I bet limiting certain items means an initial rush of those thinking they had better stock up before the previous idiots come back to clear the shelves.
    Everyone was bemoaning in morrisons about people buying toilet rolls and past and how dare the run amok on the gluten free aisles when the normal pasta had run out! And someone was claiming they bought eight boxes of toilet rolls and tissues once a week it was mental the conversations. In the hospital waiting room this morning another mother and daughter were discussing Italy and mum and I were discussing elements of it. Part of me has resigned to if we are going to get it we are going to get it we can’t stop it. I have quit smoking now albeit eaten a billion packets of crisps and now ripped my toenail but hoping to give myself a fighting chance of survival none the less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 198 of 384 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208248298 ... LastLast

Thread Information